Emperor and Mefjus interview - UKF

I liked that interview - it's a cool idea, having them talk to each other. They both come off as sort of whiny. But whatever, the stuff they're bitching about is real for them.

I liked that interview - it's a cool idea, having them talk to each other. They both come off as sort of whiny. But whatever, the stuff they're bitching about is real for them.

They do don't they! Emperor didn't agree with that on Facebook hah!

really good read, fair comment on the VIP's in my opinion, they are the one's making the track and if they want to release it to a select few DJ's then it's their decision, also makes their set (plus DJ's who have the track) more unique which is a good thing because you don't want to go and see someone to hear the same songs you have already heard before

really good read, fair comment on the VIP's in my opinion, they are the one's making the track and if they want to release it to a select few DJ's then it's their decision, also makes their set (plus DJ's who have the track) more unique which is a good thing because you don't want to go and see someone to hear the same songs you have already heard before

Yeah but then Emperor is a complete hypocrite by giving away Monolith VIP?

No. He wasnt happy with the situation so he had a chat to Kasra about it, who probably persuaded it would be a good idea to release it. He gave in to the demand, rather.

Yeah I suppose, I still don't think he should moan about it as much. People are used to getting to play producers tunes after a couple of months, even with VIPs, bigger artists are willing to release their VIPs. Maybe the public just think it's the norm? Imagine if Timewarp VIP never saw the light?!

I feel like the whole argument is pointless anyway because you could say the same with dubs in general. It is after all, just another dub. That could or could not be released.

Yeah I suppose, I still don't think he should moan about it as much. People are used to getting to play producers tunes after a couple of months, even with VIPs, bigger artists are willing to release their VIPs. Maybe the public just think it's the norm? Imagine if Timewarp VIP never saw the light?!

Emperor has a good point, which is that you're allowed to write shit and not release it or use it only as a secret weapon in your sets, and it's no fun to feel pressured by the people who love your music to do something you're not comfortable with.

But there's also a way to say that: "I like to keep VIPs for in-set surprises," without implying some kind of inner-circle/outer-circle relationship between producers and listeners and sounding like you're complaining about people liking your music.

Back
Top Bottom