Eminem's Donald Trump freestyle

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dagz, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Dagz

Dagz REDEYE MASTER VIP Junglist

Im a fan of Eminem but this is not good. I hope it doesn't reflect how his new album is going to sound.

All this hate Americans show for Trump, I would say he won the vote but you would argue it was Putin, right?

2. Manu Forti

Manu Forti Detached Audio VIP Junglist

3. Dagz

Dagz REDEYE MASTER VIP Junglist

I prefer it when he's on drugs tbh

4. Manu Forti

Manu Forti Detached Audio VIP Junglist

He had flashes of genius throughout his career but things have gone downhill rapidly.

I did like this kinda recent one though... Probably more about the message than anything else though tbh.

5. DeeGun

DeeGun Notable Member VIP Junglist

Saw it earlier this day.

It's a bad. Bad like not good.

6. DankerThanDanson

DankerThanDanson Active Member

I have mixed feelings.

Firstly there are two distinct metrics to measure the freestyle. Politics and dopeness. You can have a conversation about one without the other one influencing the conversation.

I'm glad Em is critical of Trump, because Trump's only merits are unintentional. Quite simply put, Trump is a trainwreck of a politician and just an all around bad person, whose blunders and bungling were fine in the private sector.. but, what happens when a serial bungler whose only real motivation is praise and adulation is making decisions that have global implications, based upon how it affects his own ego?

Anyone saying Eminem is doing this to "try to stay relevant" is grasping for something that's not there. Eminem's freestyle came from a genuine place where he felt a duty to throw the world a warning about Trump, as Trump's own biographer did during the election.

The most poignant piece highlights one of the many instances of conservatives being giant hypocrites. That would be the "don't like his war vets captured" line.

in the aftermath of the Charlottesville killing, conservatives stood by Trump's tepid statements and equivocations between the KKK and the left wing counter protests. They said they support "everyone's right to protest, even Nazi's". That's why they defended unrepentant killers.

That reasoning is well and good, I support everyone's 1st Am. right too. However, when you examine the details, it puts their purported reason for sticking up for Nazi's in jeopardy.

So.. why all the butt hurt and tantrums when black NFL players are protesting racial injustice in America? If you support "everyone"'a right to protest... We all know the answer. Conservatives would rather the blacks shut their mouths and accept the crumbs they've offered them.

Furthermore, they say the NFL protests are disrespectful to the military. That's why they oppose them. But, their golden boy Trump disrespected a war vet, when he disparaged POWs, with his big fat mouth. This proves conservatives aren't arguing against ideas, but rather arguing against the people who are doing the protesting.

And Trump, sensing a moment to foment controversy, has inserted himself, taking sides in that dispute. Anyway.. fuck Donald Trump, I agree with Em.

Not his best work artistically, but, my favorites of his are his earlier work and freestyles when he was still an unknown, trying to make it. There was a rawness that connected with anyone who has born hardships.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Tribal Leader VIP Junglist

em looks thinner, greyer and.... younger? how in the hell is that possible.

where is yela, why isnt he posted in the background??

speaking of the crew posted in the back, they all have faces like mike myers when kanye said bush doesnt care about black people haha

8. XoXoX roachspray XoXoX

XoXoX roachspray XoXoX Custom Title VIP Junglist

Old wigger just straining for relevance

Manu Forti likes this.
  9. logikz

relevance? how does em ever have to reach for something as populistic as "relevance" how could he ever not be relevant? everything em touches is gold, you think they would pussy riot (or whatever the american version was) him for this? and he did it because noone cared about him before. that is not the case, you know em discovered dr dre, rihanna, jay z, im blue da-ba-dee-da-bo-dai AND MORE, thank you very much, and may your deathgod keep you for as long as you starve.

10. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member VIP Junglist

11. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Tribal Leader VIP Junglist

Funny how you never see @The Crossbeat Drummer round these sides anymore...

Shame that, she was a really nice girl.

12. logikz

whos the crossbeat drummer. and why. i think is more relevant

13. elspectro29

elspectro29 Fat Business Man VIP Junglist

14. CTJake

CTJake So, you guys on MySpace?

[​IMG]

15. logikz

you know it buddy! that guy! he does stuff that guy, doesnt he? boy oh boy. that guy.hes the man all day that guy. awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeah booooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

i think anyway, i seem to recall that show was funny for the first ten minutes then their budget would run out and they had to copy old cagney and lacey scripts for the ending.
    the generation of shows just before "community" when they figured out good dialog could carry a show for six seasons and a movie, and not car crashes and boat chases.

16. d-low

d-low I know you got soul VIP Junglist

I don't know i thought it was decent, but i can't listen to anything hes made for like 10 years now.

17. CTJake

CTJake So, you guys on MySpace?

my palms are sweaty

18. Josef Fritzl

Josef Fritzl Member

Das Schwitzen von Ihren Palmen ist ein Zeichen der Spannung, ein Zeichen der dunklen, tief verwurzelt Absicht, ich glaube, Sie sind auf einem Weg zu einem niedrigen Underworld der Sünde und Ausschweifungen mein Freund, ich wünsche Ihnen das beste Glück auf Ihrer Reise und beten, dass wie ich , Sie fallen nicht den Zorn und schlecht begründete Urteile von Menschen, die nicht verstehen, unsere Lebensweise.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Josef

DeeGun likes this.
  19. logikz

20. XoXoX roachspray XoXoX

XoXoX roachspray XoXoX Custom Title VIP Junglist