Ellie Goulding - Guns and Horses Remix

there's too much reverb in the vocals and these are too loud in the mix imo. Drums get lost sometimes...
But all in all, with a better mixdown, this is a dancefloor killer tune imo.

yeah sorry bro that was pretty unhelpful of me - was a reference to modern pop culture; however, obviously not a very effective one. I like the track but my comments would be very similar to Neomind's - keep it up man, and post in here when itz finished

Ok.. still don't get your comment lol but cheers man, will do.

---------- Post added at 03:18 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

I've re-uped it to soundcloud - drums are more prominent, a little less vox etc etc:

http://soundcloud.com/gimmix

Cheers to whoever favourited/downloaded it but I had to delete it!

Last edited:
i havent heard the original so i dont know what you did to it haha, but i like the vibe, to me its a little messy, maybe the bass needs to stand out more, more defined, and maybe make the drums not so ..sampleCd-ish haha, they dont sound changed from the original loop much at all, apart from some slicing,but i could be wrong but as i said, its got a good vibe, life to it, not dull and flat and its got a nice chorus, i dont know what else to say really..

Haha I get you mate.. maybe the breaks I used are a little too high in the mix compared with the main hits n' hats lol. I just wanted a nice shuffley beat and I took the easy route I guess haha. I appreciate the advice mate.

Structurally this is sound, quite radio/floor friendly. I guess this may be a newer version being uploaded 15 hours ago.

Mixdown and reverb use is dodgy man. Some parts sound like you've recorded it with a mic placed in front of your speakers. Don't mean to be harsh, but if you got those things better it would be something I'd listen to/crank up at home when the wife's around.

Great song, needs a bit of work for me.

Structurally this is sound, quite radio/floor friendly. I guess this may be a newer version being uploaded 15 hours ago.

Mixdown and reverb use is dodgy man. Some parts sound like you've recorded it with a mic placed in front of your speakers. Don't mean to be harsh, but if you got those things better it would be something I'd listen to/crank up at home when the wife's around.

Great song, needs a bit of work for me.

This ^^

Sick tune though, the idea is great. With a bit of work it'd be a killer.

Don't mean to be harsh

Not harsh at all mate - useful, constructive criticism. I'm not sure what you all mean by dodgy reverb, because there isnt really much reverb in the song at all that I have added. :S

And about the mixdown, frankly I really don't think I can do much better with the system I am using. I need monitors primarily, but apart from that my sound card and cpu are really not up to scratch so I have a lot of trouble editing songs with lots of tracks (like this one).

I need to really figure out if it's worth putting the money in to get new stuff first, which is essentially why I have posted stuff like this on here. :)

Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom