Electronic Music Theme'd Movies

Goldenchild

I just seen Groove movie again(saw it when it first came out), and the 2nd time watchin it was a little better than the first, but still pretty inaccurate, but you can actually watch the whole movie. That just reminded me of all the Movies I ever seen and I'm trying to think of the best and most accurate movie (I know I'm askin for alot) out there.

Let me list the movies I seen

Go - :laughing: yeh this one was real bullshit Go!

Human Traffic - this one was alright, I liked it cause I was the only movie where they played more Jungle/DnB music than anyother movie I've seen, prolly cause it's a UK based movie

Groove - A little better the 2nd time ya see it, one of the best parts is where that one dj_spaz or whatever is mixin and he matches the beat and he's all jumpin up and down rootin for himself and this girl he likes in the crowd it lookin at him and jump up and down getting into the beat too.... that is until 3 seconds later when he trainwrecks and everyone boos and his girl he likes stops smiling and walks away :cry:

Seamless - I never seen this movie, I only seen the cover and had to pass. It's the one with Shannon Elizabeth on the cover of the moviecase, oh here I'll show ya
170798.jpg
:laughing: So you can see why I passed.... then again it is still shannon Elizabeth in it! Yummm

Well, those are the only movies I can remember that is Electronic music theme'd, but if any of ya know any movies I left out, feel free to post em especially if there good or bad!:twothumbs

human traffic is brilliant. very accurate. my mate was like 'nah thats a shit movie man the black guy would never go with that girl'. Funny thing is that she is a pudgee little white girl with a boyfriend just like that.

Heres what I think of these DVDs in my collection:

"Human Traffic" mostly sucked due to all the drug scenes and wack pot humor. The only cool parts about this movie was the record store scene where the clerk is dancing in a matter that his head "zooms" in and out of the shot which delivers laughs. The other highlight is Carl Cox "acting". He even manages to squeeze off a line that was a sample in one of his own 'ardcore tracks, "Lets do it".

"Groove" was pretty cool except for the scenes when the cops confiscated all the sound and lighting gear. I also don't like how the movie featured a puss trance DJ. I would have rather seen Carl Cox or Grooverider featured instead. The highlights of the movie were the comedic gay couple and that nice techstep track with all the 92 sounds. Also the scene where the main character drives home all happy and cheerfull was very nice and true to how I've felt after coming back from one of those things (even if the music disapointed which is most often the case).

"Better Living Through Circutry" you missed although it was more of a documentary on the American rave scene then anything else. Highlights of this was Frankie Bownes talking about himself, that guy is pretty funny.

"Ultraworld Live; Everything; Everything" is also very nice. Not really a movie but a concert on DVD, I recommend it even if you don't like Ultraworld. I don't really like them, infact this DVD was a gift but after a while it grew on me. What I like most about the tracks on here is that some of them seem to be inspired by 1992 tracks.... in particular Basement Records.

:Drum & Bass: The Collection" is a DVD to stay away from at all costs. It has a few DnB tracks set to un-imaginative computer graphics as well as some shorts from the Knowledge DnB music awards such as Goldie gabbing about something and a one song live pa by Kosheen. The DVD seems to be a vehicle to promote a bunch of unknown dnb artists that made music just for this release. Its all very boring and disapointing.... keep away.

"Exotic Robotics: Pleasurei4iX, Atmospherix" is a collection of American computer rave graphic artists with some really bad trance playing in the back. If your like me then your a fan of all sorts of visual displays used at raves, lighting or video screens. If so then you'll love this DVD to death.... with the volume turned off and some DnB or 92 records on instead.

1992 said:
"Human Traffic" mostly sucked due to all the drug scenes and wack pot humor. The only cool parts about this movie was the record store scene where the clerk is dancing in a matter that his head "zooms" in and out of the shot which delivers laughs. The other highlight is Carl Cox "acting". He even manages to squeeze off a line that was a sample in one of his own 'ardcore tracks, "Lets do it".

Fair enough, but drugs and dance music go reasonably well together (!!), and are a large part of many peoples' social lives for better or worse. And IMO people do not want to see a fiction movie that just wanks on about the music, that's why we have the internet and documentaries.
That's why its called Human Traffic, that's all we ravers are and drugs are part of it.
Yeah the junglist scene was the funny shiz.

Most of these movies are pants, I enjoyed HT more than any other.

Attachments

• junglist.gif
    junglist.gif
    82.9 KB · Views: 44
Goldenchild said:
Groove - A little better the 2nd time ya see it, one of the best parts is where that one dj_spaz or whatever is mixin and he matches the beat and he's all jumpin up and down rootin for himself and this girl he likes in the crowd it lookin at him and jump up and down getting into the beat too.... that is until 3 seconds later when he trainwrecks and everyone boos and his girl he likes stops smiling and walks away :cry:
Yeah the Digweed part in that was hot! A lot of trance, but it's all good :)

Back
Top Bottom