electro flavour

d-_-b

I wouldn't count myself as the most cutting edge informed listener of d&b, but i just heard some "new" tunes coming from toronto, and the US.. this obsession with "electro" style beats/vocals.. ( john b's "Rendezvous" being an example ).. some of the DJs i have talked to are seeing this as the next big thing in the genre.. whereas i'm seeing it more as a re-hashing of the old demoscene styles.. anyone care to comment?

I really don't like those vocoder vocals, the electro beats are good and if the synthwork is done right it sounds nice but the relly cheesy vocoders just piss me off.

I think its got its place within the scene. Although I hate it when people say one particular style of dnb is 'the future', bacause its all the different styles that are the future!!!

Originally posted by d-_-b
some of the DJs i have talked to are seeing this as the next big thing in the genre..

Same here, I've just started organising a night runnin electrobreaks alongside dnb and it goes down really well. There's quite a few people I've spoken to aswell and they've said its gonna b the next 'big' genre. I'm all for it :slayer: , caus its brings in new styles of turntabilism/scratchin

Back
Top Bottom