electro flavour

Discussion in 'Production' started by d-_-b, Aug 15, 2002.

1. d-_-b

d-_-b New Member

I wouldn't count myself as the most cutting edge informed listener of d&b, but i just heard some "new" tunes coming from toronto, and the US.. this obsession with "electro" style beats/vocals.. ( john b's "Rendezvous" being an example ).. some of the DJs i have talked to are seeing this as the next big thing in the genre.. whereas i'm seeing it more as a re-hashing of the old demoscene styles.. anyone care to comment?

2. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

I really don't like those vocoder vocals, the electro beats are good and if the synthwork is done right it sounds nice but the relly cheesy vocoders just piss me off.

3. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

I think its got its place within the scene. Although I hate it when people say one particular style of dnb is 'the future', bacause its all the different styles that are the future!!!

4. klusta

klusta Pulsar

Same here, I've just started organising a night runnin electrobreaks alongside dnb and it goes down really well. There's quite a few people I've spoken to aswell and they've said its gonna b the next 'big' genre. I'm all for it :slayer: , caus its brings in new styles of turntabilism/scratchin