Effects unit help

I notice that most of these units only have a single stero phono output. Makes me wonder what to do when i use two of the outputs on my mixer, one to the laptop for streaming and one out to the amp. Obviously I want to hear the effects being output to both devices.

The original Kaoss pad is extremely buggy. The unit will freeze up without warning and won't unfreeze untill it feels like it. Right now my Kaoss pad is back in its box waiting for me to take it to a repair center. Its final gasp of life is now gone, everytime you plug it in its frozen up. What I mean by this is that none of the keys respond including the pad. Its as if it has a computer virus yet it doesn't hook up to the internet. :shake:

I don't recommend this effect unit. The new one that came out might be better one hopes.

Originally posted by dRiFT
I notice that most of these units only have a single stero phono output. Makes me wonder what to do when i use two of the outputs on my mixer, one to the laptop for streaming and one out to the amp. Obviously I want to hear the effects being output to both devices.

You can either hook it up to one turntable or set it up so that everything is effected by it.

I'd recommend a mixer with a good FX loop, because then you can assign it to one of the two channels playing rather than all the outputs at the same time. Otherwise they're not really worth having.
Then you use the outputs of the mixer.

Maybe an integrated unit would be a good idea if you're short on cash, what's your budget and what do you own.

Oh and to answer another question the airfx is completely mental sounding, with no subtlety at all. Maybe you'll find it useful, but be sure to try before you buy.

That's not my problem, it's that I'll have everything hooked up to my mixer and then out into the effects box. If the effects box only has a single output but I need it to go out to an amp AND my laptop what happens then?

Originally posted by 1992
You can either hook it up to one turntable or set it up so that everything is effected by it.

Originally posted by dRiFT
That's not my problem, it's that I'll have everything hooked up to my mixer and then out into the effects box. If the effects box only has a single output but I need it to go out to an amp AND my laptop what happens then?

You can get splitter cables at an electronic store so it can have multiple outputs, thats what I did.

Also the one cool thing about the kaoss pad when it still worked is that it could be used in a subtle way. It can be used in such a way that makes it sound like the effect you produced was part of the tune itself. the backwards loop feature was most impressive.

It'll be impossible to monitor how your effect will sound with that setup.
I'd personally just buy a decent mixer because you'll not get anywhere near the full potential.
200 quid down the drain if it don't work as well as it could.

Back
Top Bottom