DnB Effects settings/tweaking

Helios343

Level 1
I've been practicing DnB mixing for a few months now and have been playing around with effects, I've noticed that effects like my echo and reverb don't sound multi dimensional if that makes sense, they don't really add anything to the mix or transition and sound kind of cheap. I'm using virtual Dj and noticed I can tweak the settings of my effects, any recommendations to tweak the settings to get my effects sounding more professional/high quality.

Morning.
Not familiar with virtual dj but if your question is how to make your effects more professional... I'd suggest upgrading from virtual dj.
Harsh answer I know but long term its best to upgrade.

Saying that tho, there's no limit and no rules for what you are doing, my advice is if it sounds good, keep doing it.
A little goes a long way, don't use too much effects, it can soon ruin a mix. I've know people complete whole sets without using any effects at all. It might be different in todays digital age where everyone is playing the top 10 "rollerz" off the Beatport charts and they want to be a bit different from the next man, but truss me, moderation is key.

If you've been mixing a few months, I'd say play with everything and find your own style. A few months is really F all time.
Record yourself, listen back, ask for advice when you feel ready and be open to constructive criticism.

Morning.
Not familiar with virtual dj but if your question is how to make your effects more professional... I'd suggest upgrading from virtual dj.
Harsh answer I know but long term its best to upgrade.

Saying that tho, there's no limit and no rules for what you are doing, my advice is if it sounds good, keep doing it.
A little goes a long way, don't use too much effects, it can soon ruin a mix. I've know people complete whole sets without using any effects at all. It might be different in todays digital age where everyone is playing the top 10 "rollerz" off the Beatport charts and they want to be a bit different from the next man, but truss me, moderation is key.

If you've been mixing a few months, I'd say play with everything and find your own style. A few months is really F all time.
Record yourself, listen back, ask for advice when you feel ready and be open to constructive criticism.
Ezz man thanks

Back
Top Bottom