effects/equing blah blah

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
good morning campers,

been getting to grips with logic for the last few months, i have figured out how to structure tunes and make things intime by using the snip tool etc...

now what im wondering is.. when i start a new project i get the drums going then progressively build it up from there.

i literally have no clue at what i should be doing to make this all sound better etc.

my main question is - Can you put reverb etc on certain parts of the tune once you have already done it? or do you have to do it for the whole audio bit!?

if this doesnt make sense please forgive me! what im trying to figure out is once a tune is more or less finished WITHOUT doing any equing or effects what so ever. is it too late to then go through it all and do it? should it be done at the start of each bit?

I really hope this makes sense !

if everything fits together without eqing, youve got some very nice samples! you can add effects and what not whenver you want, youl need to eq certain things as well. like taking the very bottow end out of everything. as for the reverb on the whole audio, i assume your meaning, once its on its on for the whole thing? if this is the case you can automate the on/off so its only effective at certain points.

id recomend doing some research into different effects and what they do. that way if your thinking of a sound in your head, youl have a better idea of what to apply to it to make it.

probably not the reply you were looking for, but i dunno if i get your question haha

if everything fits together without eqing, youve got some very nice samples! you can add effects and what not whenver you want, youl need to eq certain things as well. like taking the very bottow end out of everything. as for the reverb on the whole audio, i assume your meaning, once its on its on for the whole thing? if this is the case you can automate the on/off so its only effective at certain points.

id recomend doing some research into different effects and what they do. that way if your thinking of a sound in your head, youl have a better idea of what to apply to it to make it.

probably not the reply you were looking for, but i dunno if i get your question haha

lol nah thats great mate, to be honest by saying it fits together i mean its in time! it probably sounds gash to the trained ear!!

hey man. im not sure what the question is but ima give it a shot.

set up an aux set to post fader and then insert your reverb on there. what i usually do is place an eq after it to cut the lower frequencies. Then you want to create an arrange track for the auxillery that you have created. then on the track that you need reverb just automate the send to the aux you created.

i usually eq bits as i go along if they need it
then at the end polish it all off etc
but just remember you dont need to eq everything if it sounds good leave it be

hey man. im not sure what the question is but ima give it a shot.

set up an aux set to post fader and then insert your reverb on there. what i usually do is place an eq after it to cut the lower frequencies. Then you want to create an arrange track for the auxillery that you have created. then on the track that you need reverb just automate the send to the aux you created.

hello again mate! ill try work this out and give it a shot! to me im quite pleased with how its sounding but have literally just been using samples and lowering, raising levels slightly. so im sure it actually sounds really amateur and shit!

In terms of EQ'ing for the purpose of getting everything to shine right where it wants to (keywords: where it wants to, not where you want to force it to), I think this is, hands down, the best tutorial on EQ out there.

http://www.dnbscene.com/article/88-thinking-inside-the-box-a-complete-eq-tutorial

^ This tutorial is, without question, one of the finest I've ever read. I remember checking it out a couple years back and find myself always going back for another read just to put things back into perspective. It should be required reading for anyone new to the forum lol.

Nice one Dugg Funnie.

Back
Top Bottom