effect used by the pros

knottyboy

theres an effect used by the pros that i hear all the time (mampi uses it alot), i was just wondering what it was. it has to be some kind of filter or summat, it puts a kind of whistle sound over the track. ive seen footage of mampi using a dial to bring it in and out. any ideas?

erm i dnt get wot type of filter it is by wot ur saying, but im assuming from the "whistle" that u speak of, that its a high pass filter as this is the one I use the most. Its very simple to use so its great for mixing. The best way of finding out is by using an effects processor and go thru the effects and see what they sound like.

I have a kaoss pad mini, and have never looked back in terms of effects. Soooo simple to use and great sounding effects and combinations that only require the touch of a ya finga, so u can be using ur other hand to fade in or woteva!

i was only guessing when i said filter. i have the behringer djx700 mixer and ive looked thru the effects on there and cant find - theres similar ones, but not the same one. i may be using it wrong tho.

theres an effect used by the pros that i hear all the time (mampi uses it alot), i was just wondering what it was. it has to be some kind of filter or summat, it puts a kind of whistle sound over the track. ive seen footage of mampi using a dial to bring it in and out. any ideas?
It's probably the high pass filter (with some resonance) on the Allen & Heath DJ mixers. It's used by many! :)

i was only guessing when i said filter. i have the behringer djx700 mixer and ive looked thru the effects on there and cant find - theres similar ones, but not the same one. i may be using it wrong tho.

there is not one effect on that mixer that is remotly good. you won't find what you're looking for on there, trust me.

it has some ok effects, i do use a few of them, doesnt have a high pass filter tho. on the whole i find its not too bad a mixer tho.

nah you're right. on the whole, it's not a bad mixer.
it's a fucking terrible cheap pile of shit.

once you experience the sound/build/design quality of a decent mixer, you'll realise the error of your ways.

with behringer u pay for what u get. i wudnt no how theyre effects favor or stand up to any others, but the lack of a HPF!?! thats probs the most used effect.

Kaoss pad has loadsa combined effects, favs include flanger + HPF and splitter + LPF. mixes that use alot of effects are annoying tho. example: DJ Hype, DnB Arena Mix : Fuck what you heard, and Body Pump using the x2 copy effect! sounds soooo basic and ruins the tunes for me. U can get a mmuch better effect of the same type by playing two of the same vinyl with one 4 bars behind the other and swap between the two with the crossfader. Works esspecially well with dub step as dnb is fast and thicket texture so the effect doesnt stand out as much.

with behringer u pay for what u get. i wudnt no how theyre effects favor or stand up to any others, but the lack of a HPF!?! thats probs the most used effect.

Kaoss pad has loadsa combined effects, favs include flanger + HPF and splitter + LPF. mixes that use alot of effects are annoying tho. example: DJ Hype, DnB Arena Mix : Fuck what you heard, and Body Pump using the x2 copy effect! sounds soooo basic and ruins the tunes for me. U can get a mmuch better effect of the same type by playing two of the same vinyl with one 4 bars behind the other and swap between the two with the crossfader. Works esspecially well with dub step as dnb is fast and thicket texture so the effect doesnt stand out as much.

beat juggling.
i thought that's what he's doing?
he's probably the most technically abled dnb dj there is, possibly bar marky on the tuntablist side of things.

beat juggling.
i thought that's what he's doing?
he's probably the most technically abled dnb dj there is, possibly bar marky on the tuntablist side of things.

Could well be mate but i think its sounds a little too staggered etc. And i rekon this cud be down to the bpm on the effects box not being bang on. This effect is on my brothers numark mixer and it sounds very similar in being staggered. I may be totally wrong but when u compare the effect to the actual process u can reli hear the difference.

Im putting a dubstep mix together at the minute and beat juggle wheres my money rmx to get some quality effects going. Il post it up on here when ive finished.

Also yer Hype is bang on. I think his live performances are fucking sick. I just thought that for that CD he over did it a bit in terms of a studio mix.

Also yer Hype is bang on. I think his live performances are fucking sick. I just thought that for that CD he over did it a bit in terms of a studio mix.

agreed. some parts were good, others it was a bit overkill.
the mr. happy bit was pretty sick though!

Back
Top Bottom