Ed Rush & Optical LP (Virus)

I think I need to give the new album a proper listen. I think I've really lost interest in the recent harder / techier stuff in general because it feels like the depth, soul & funk from the them older days isn't there.... and clearly I'm getting old as fook!

Go back to Technology, Lokust, Moving 808's, To Shape The Future, Quadrant Six. All pre virus to be fair but just beautiful tunes. That's the sound I miss but know I'll never get back (without listening to 15-20 year old music) :(

You know it mate! I'm doing a classic tech vinyl mix today and am off to the headz History sessions tomorrow to hear some proper tunage!

You know it mate! I'm doing a classic tech vinyl mix today and am off to the headz History sessions tomorrow to hear some proper tunage!

It just had a real organic sound to it. Technology blew my mind the first time I heard it. I guess I just have to reminisce!

I think I need to give the new album a proper listen. I think I've really lost interest in the recent harder / techier stuff in general because it feels like the depth, soul & funk from the them older days isn't there.... and clearly I'm getting old as fook!

Go back to Technology, Lokust, Moving 808's, To Shape The Future, Quadrant Six. All pre virus to be fair but just beautiful tunes. That's the sound I miss but know I'll never get back (without listening to 15-20 year old music) :(

I'm probably a bit younger than you but I utterly agree. Nothing has the groove that the older tunes had. I get the impression its the focus on producing stuff well as opposed to making it move.

I digress, i'm still only really listening to the host - I could play most of them out at 1am and it would go off, but can i listen to them over and over again at home ala wormhole and to an extent, travel the galaxy? Alas no.

I'm probably a bit younger than you but I utterly agree. Nothing has the groove that the older tunes had. I get the impression its the focus on producing stuff well as opposed to making it move.

I digress, i'm still only really listening to the host - I could play most of them out at 1am and it would go off, but can i listen to them over and over again at home ala wormhole and to an extent, travel the galaxy? Alas no.

35 so not over the hill but old enough to have been listening to this music since 91/92 (as a kid!)

I think that's it for me! Wormhole doesn't have to be blasted in the club to be appreciated.

Fully recommend (off topic slightly) the Doc Scott set headz have posted up on soundcloud. Big classics set!

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks this, seems to me a lot of the old heads are thinking the same at the moment. I'm the same as you, 35, into the music since 92/93 and i love the old style tech sound, which has all but disappeared and been replaced with noisy Neuro.

Are some still doing the sound i like Break, DLR, Xtrah, Survival, Silent Witness etc but there really is not a lot to choose from these days.

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks this, seems to me a lot of the old heads are thinking the same at the moment. I'm the same as you, 35, into the music since 92/93 and i love the old style tech sound, which has all but disappeared and been replaced with noisy Neuro.

Are some still doing the sound i like Break, DLR, Xtrah, Survival, Silent Witness etc but there really is not a lot to choose from these days.

I always worry i'm sounding like an old fart that says 'when i were a lad' but the fact others agree makes me feel better.

I guess artists try to appeal the most to the regular raver. I go out on that kind of tip 2 or 3 times a year but the kids are out there every weekend and the music that's being pushed is what those kids enjoy.

I appreciate I'm massively generalising what I'm saying but I think that's just the way it's going. Hospital nights, Ram nights, etc etc. They push the sounds I'd rather not listen to.

At the same time I'm really enjoying the experimental side of things and the artists that are trying to push the envelope a little. They might not always get it right but at least they're trying! If Optical sat back in this category I'd be the happiest man!

Been waiting for about 5 years for The Host from that Friction set from baileys old show.

Rest of the album is ok but definitely think there is better new music being released out there at the moment.
Also like to add to the other comments that The Host should really have been pressed on vinyl but you win some lose some

Yes lads! Im nearly the same age and I totally agree also. DnB is so gash at the minute like im just not feeling it. I cry at night. Keep hoping for that magical track you play for months on end but its just not coming.

Not even these guys new album has entertained me and I was thinking it was going to be special. Well im going to go listen to Bacteria to cheer myself up abit

Back
Top Bottom