Ed rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl

Gambit man, been meaning to ask you..

Whats with the pots and pans thing?

My mates and I all refer to pots and pans as clangs in a set... is it a tongue and cheek thing?

Or is it to do with the darker dnb flex? Metal flange type stuff, detroit infused? Or is it something I'll have to listen to so I can get a feel for it?

I may d/l your mix when I get home just to see what you mean!

Gambit man, been meaning to ask you..

Whats with the pots and pans thing?

My mates and I all refer to pots and pans as clangs in a set... is it a tongue and cheek thing?

Or is it to do with the darker dnb flex? Metal flange type stuff, detroit infused? Or is it something I'll have to listen to so I can get a feel for it?

I may d/l your mix when I get home just to see what you mean!

Lol, Yeah man it's a reference to the darker dnb stuff: Current Value, Limewax, Donny etc. Very hard hitting, noisy and frantic breaks.

I'll leave it in the fine hands of Pingu to explain lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU3RbFb7rZQ

you mean everyone knows your a streaky length of piss?

hahahahahaha

no... everyone knows I take 25 minute showers... running out of fresh water in the world, meh. global warming so turn your heating down incl. hot water, meh. have a 15 minute shower wank and take 10 minutes to clean it up... spot on!

by the way, don't start beef with me, I just had lunch.

shit i've heard this in loads of sets but never knew what it was. heard people talk about it before and i was expecting something different, not just the same old beat with a bass that goes down in notes like a million other tunes do already.

no... everyone knows I take 25 minute showers... running out of fresh water in the world, meh. global warming so turn your heating down incl. hot water, meh. have a 15 minute shower wank and take 10 minutes to clean it up... spot on!

by the way, don't start beef with me, I just had lunch.

ahahahaha....that genuinely made me laugh

you dont want beef. you want coleslaw....

you're from a metal background I take it?

i feel some of that stuff, but like my beats a bit more clean. plus i'm not evil enough.

Nah mate, DnB background right back to jungle and old school hardcore before that. Always been into the darker side of the music and got into Techstep from 95/96.

shit i've heard this in loads of sets but never knew what it was. heard people talk about it before and i was expecting something different, not just the same old beat with a bass that goes down in notes like a million other tunes do already.

context man, context... this tune was made in 1998.

plus the bass is called a reese and is a dnb staple, so you can't really complain.

Nah mate, DnB background right back to jungle and old school hardcore before that. Always been into the darker side of the music and got into Techstep from 95/96.

cool cool.. most people comin into the scene from another form of music and you can usually tell what it is by what dnb they listen too. that's why I assumed metal...

cool cool.. most people comin into the scene from another form of music and you can usually tell what it is by what dnb they listen too. that's why I assumed metal...

Yeah I know what you mean. There's a big metal and also Gabba Hardcore crossover in Eastern Europe. It's bringing in alot of fans to DnB.

Let me guess what you expected then..Taxman Drums and some bleepy Original Sin Bassline without bass?

I got mine on Promo from Main Source back in teh Day...when I used to be hooked up nice...used to see the SRD box, the Vinyl Distribution box, and get Main Source bits...fuckin miss those days.

context man, context... this tune was made in 1998.

plus the bass is called a reese and is a dnb staple, so you can't really complain.

yeah but even listening back to 92 era hardcore/jungle, there are tunes that still stand the test of time, and others that sound awful. i'm not saying this is awful, its an alright simple tune. just hearing how much hype this gets, and the fact it's by Ed Rush and Optical, I expected something better. not slating it though.

and it's not really a proper reese at all. i don't know what that has to do with it.

and DeeGun:

I love how you start bring in Taxman and OS into the discussion when arguing in case of a very simple "wamp" tune. if anything this is an early example of their style. It's not really what Ed Rush & Optical are most well known for, let alone their best work.

if you must know, I was expecting something more along the lines of Wormhole, something more progressive, with a less simple bass sound.

and one more time, I don't think this is a shit tune, so don't bite my head off for having a different opinion.

Mmmmwomp mmmmwomp mmmwomp mmmwomp imo

When it hits, it's like afucking steam train straight to the face.

And agreed with whoever said Custlo for a full on mix and Alien Girl on the tease.

Even though i love this tune more than my own testicles. Even i need to stop rinsing this every day lol.

Alien Girl is bloody brilliant, Cutslo is an over indulgent ridiculous piece of music, Lokust is so much better.

Back
Top Bottom