Echoes done manually

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Do you think echoes done manually in the piano roll sound good if it had reverb? It's the only way to get creative with echoes and all.

This is just a reminder for many people that manually echoes are very useful.

And for the other people who already easily knew this, maybe add some tips.

(My last thread of the day, maybe week, I am getting carried away. And when people ask what I'm on, usually Szomos Maricipan Liqour and some whickey. Not too much tho. It's not illegal in Hungary, there is no drinking age there. I sometime drink with me grandma a bit. btw, I'm not drunk, just a lil bit)

I think I get what you mean...
Like play one sound and then, on a different track, play it again but lower velocity and so forth to get an echo effect... ?

Yes? What does that matter? I mean doing it manually by looping the sound and just turning down the volume slowly

this is more interesting, maybe not as echo but loop points on all your sounds and volume/filter envelopes is a great idea, i used to be all about that a couple of years ago (but then i got distracted)

Most delays also give an interesting effect if you automate or LFO their delay time... pitch changing effect...

But this manual echo thing was the shit back in the tracker days when I hadn't even heard of things like "VST" or "Sequencer" or even "Production".

Multi-Tap delays kind of obsolete it though, unless you want to change the echo times ib every hit.

Most delays also give an interesting effect if you automate or LFO their delay time... pitch changing effect...

:word:

a cool trick i used in my latest dub track is... i split the audio over two channels, panned one hard left and the other hard right and bandpassed them both..... then stuck a delay on each channel and linked the (unsynced) delay time of each to an XY controller

so basically the L & R delay times were moving around independently.... sounded pretty cool..... and was fun playing around too :)

oh by the way, the L & R delays were set to 100% wet..... the dry signal was in another channel

Last edited:

But this manual echo thing was the shit back in the tracker days when I hadn't even heard of things like "VST" or "Sequencer" or even "Production".

Multi-Tap delays kind of obsolete it though, unless you want to change the echo times ib every hit.

I fruity it's done is the channel settings by going to function and turning down or up the pitch knob.

For people who didn't know.

Back
Top Bottom