ebony dubsters - ra

Dj SmurFiE

Tha Muffin men crew
whats the deal with this tune? i just sold mine for 19 quid, i've got two copys so ive also just put my second on (i dont rate it that much so might as well cash in). theres one on ebay that is currently in excess of 50 quid! madness! but all good for me.

Andy C played it again a few times recently, which people notice. very decent jump up tune, but c'mon .... like you say.

hey i know my name is dj raar so obviously i play it a lot but this tune is sick and has been played constantly since late 2003 so it has already stood the test of time. its a big tune and thats why the mainstream djs still play it and it will double drop with almost any tune. trust me ra still has the power. lol

shy does things properly, produces qualilty tunes (i always thought that tune was great to squeeze a shit out to). but with friction, mampi and andy dropping loads of older stuff in their sets recently, it means people just getting into the music want those tunes.

i'm definatley gonna sell my copy, it's inspired me to sell a lot of my old vinyl on ebay soon.

I would never sell any of my records. Poor or good £20 or £200. Ra is a good tune, and I think it is probably one of the better jump-up tunes around. It's all to do with what it is worth to someone else, not the actual value it holds itself. I would pay a lot for a record which I didn't have and had been looking for, for a while. It's a bit like one man's rubbish is another mans treasure. I have paid over the odds for tracks, but do I regret no, because I have the vinyl and thats all that matters. :teeth:

Tis' a bit odd with Ra though I thought this track was realised in 2003 it must of only just gone from the record shop shelves to end up straight on Ebay

Last edited:
well put coshh i totaly agree mate i would never sell any of my tunes good or bad. ive been buying vinyl since 1995 and i have never sold or given away any of them.

I work in a record shop and someone sold us a load of their dnb vinyl and there was a mint copy of Ra that so many customers wanted to buy so we auctioned it. It sold for £25.
As one person mentioned earlier, If all the big headz are rinsing out an old anthem, all the new dnb heads who havnt bought that tune first time round will want to buy it just because "Andy's started rinsing it out again".
Then if a certain old tune starts to get caned again, a remix is usually just around the corner
For instance:
J-majik "Spaced Invader"
Digital "Phantom Force"
Swift "Second Strike"
LTJ Bukem "Atlantis"
Wickaman came into my record shop a few months ago and we were talking and he told me that the "Spaced Invaderz" rmx was only made "just because Andy was caning the original" and J and Wicka decided to give it an update.

I have to agree with you guys on this one. It's one of those tunes that are pretty good @ the moment, but won't stand the test of time. :respekt:

I disagree..

I reckon it will stand the test of time.. Its no frills . That kind of tune sticks around. Look at Alien Girl for example! Just very steppy with a hard drop… Ra isnt as good as Alien Girl IMO but it’s a good comparrison!

yeah definatly bruv its the sort of tune that aint gonna age. sick bass and true hard steppin. i agree not quite alien girl but for me its up there with it.

yeah..its obviously not Alien Girl.. but it has that immediate dancefloor feel, no frills, and so nothing to make it sound dated..

i think its one of Shy's best tunes for shizzle!

Back
Top Bottom