Ebay!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by D BREAKNECK, Jul 30, 2009.

1. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

10 years today since Ebay uk launched.

What do you buy / sell? Any bad experiences?

I've bought console games, mainly old un's dead cheap, music (mainly hard to find cds), Thai boxing stuff, but best of all my arcade machine, bargain at £65 fully working and gameboards for it (from £5+). Oh and my BMX, brand new Freeagent Hellcat for £99 (rrp £249) from a dealer that was closing down.

Ain't sold owt yet, but am planning to strip my old BMX (late Ultra Burner in VGC) for 'old school' parts after seeing what stuff goes for. Best of all I got the Araya wheels that came on it, near mint cos I took em off and put Z rims on instead.

2. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

ah ebay!
    sold loads of old cds, dvds on there, some mixers, old turntables.
    generally brought hard to find vinyl on there.

my mate recently sold 10 20pence coins for £41 he stated that there was no date on the queens side. which there wasn't, but they werent the valuble ones the buyer thought they were getting!! scammed!! he seems to have gotten away with it tho!

3. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

most of the stuff i've bought on ebay i've resold on there....
    guitars, amps, effects pedals, keyboards, serato....
    all bought and sold back at a very minimal lost.
    even made a profit on some of them.

4. Junglist_007

Junglist_007 learning difficulties

I bought load stuff on there. I been member for 5 years, had one bad experance geting ripped of by some cock head in America. Also sold lot stuff but don't seem to make profit anymore, ebay geting to greedy puting fees up then PayPal take there cut. I only sell things on there to make money for new DJ Equiment.

5. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

6. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I am still yet to buy or sell a thing on ebay, online selling and buying from other people doesnt appeal to me, too easy to get ripped off

7. OneFootSkankah

OneFootSkankah Member

i once went to buy a mini moto when i was around 8 it was my birthday and had told my mum tht id seen gthis one on eby for 150 quid i got around 200 quid for my bday and ended up buying this mini moto onli to find out that i had read the description wrong and the cunt had had sold me a bit of paper witha mini moto onit but i got the money back after a year a bought this rude lil yellow mini moto which i bored out to 70cc and ragged the fuck out of it till it blew up :D

8. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

can anyone tell me if there is a way to block this guy from my screen? i thought the use of English in his 'we tied up some burglers' story was bad...... jeeeez

9. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Sold my old studio kit off, and regretted it..fortunalty you can get harware samplers etc cheap now.
    Sold off as many tuens I didn't want as I could, but it was a mission.
    Bought some tunes that came in 2 pieces or not at all, but it all got sorted out.
    Been beaten at the last millisecond too many times
    surprised tehre isn't an alternatives, like there is twatter, mywaste, nofriendspace, boobo and all eth other shitty social network crap