Eastern Funk (Ft. Wingz)

Intro thing could do with an arp or some other melodic element so it's not so straight forward; the atmos is doing its thing, the filtered breaks are pretty predictable.
Things are dropping and rising in volume seemingly on random, you're probably just deep in the zone, changing little details and it sounds great, but A and B this with some commercial tune with similar vibes and try to keep it simple.

Change the snare, it sounds really crap, keep on working on the mixdown, make it sound good on both shit phones and shit speakers and it'll probably sound kind of not quite too shit on most speakers.

Intro thing could do with an arp or some other melodic element so it's not so straight forward; the atmos is doing its thing, the filtered breaks are pretty predictable.
Things are dropping and rising in volume seemingly on random, you're probably just deep in the zone, changing little details and it sounds great, but A and B this with some commercial tune with similar vibes and try to keep it simple.

Change the snare, it sounds really crap, keep on working on the mixdown, make it sound good on both shit phones and shit speakers and it'll probably sound kind of not quite too shit on most speakers.

safe man...yeah the snare was nice before i started playing with it to get it as loud as possible...need to find a different method for making it punch through the mix, the sub is suffocating the fuck out of it.

much appreciated as always

Yeah, the intro defo needs something to make it more interesting/captivating, its a bit boring atm and i also agree that you should ditch that snare. The drums as a whole need more punch and pressence imo. Also the sub sounds like it could go down a db or two.

Defo finish it tho, i'm really liking what i'm hearing so far, the vibe is cool and the bass is nasty. and if you sort out the drums&other little thingies like the intro etc, it'll be a tune.

did you sidechain your bass to your snare? could give that a try

i keep meaning to learn how to sidechain, but everytime i look it up i'm like "OHMYGODWHATTHEFUCKISTHISHSHIT?" and lose hope....i'm sure it's actually very simple.

I like it bro nice work.. Intro needs work but im not really arsed for intros really..
i hate making em lol wasnt sure about the snare a first but 4-8 snare's later nd it grew on me .. the drums are sick man.. sounding oldskool.
Bass is nice too but theres an atmosphere constantly behind it going on in the background.. its not interefering with the bass just needs turning down a tad. the bass sounds like its cutting the kick out a little too. ..
Not really one to talk cus i still havent cracked my sub properly lol

I still dont know how to sidechain properly. A little amount of sidechaining is ok but thats my kick+sub..

did you sidechain your bass to your snare? could give that a try
Never sidechained my snare to my bass tho. To me that seems like a bad idea but im not good when it comes to sidechaining .. Have you done this before ?

Anyway.. Good track. its different.. but in a familiar sort of way.
;)

For the snare you could get rid of some of the reverb, reduce the 200 hz boost a bit, layer a clap or some other higher frequency thing and add a transient shaper to tighten it up. Just an idea. Sounding good so far for a wip.

i'm sure it's actually very simple.

It is and it isn't, but keep using them and you'll sort of understand how they work and little by little your tunes will sound less crap.

Thing you want to punch through - fruity peak controller, remember to switch off mute.

Thing you want to be punched through - fruity compressor, r-click treshold, link to internal controller - fruity peak controller, mapping formula inverted, probably turn down attack a little bit and release a bit, adjust ratio to suit, Bob's your uncle.

Nothing has been I could say has not already been said. I will just tell you what I like about it. I like the atmosphere of the song and the vibe it gives.

Back
Top Bottom