EARTHQUAKE MUVVAAA FUKERS!!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by RocksteadyUK, Jun 13, 2012.

1. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Yeh so... went to Oludeniz in Turkey for a week... got back last night...

anyway... Monday afternoon.... me and the mrs are at the beach... we had just been snorkling and heard some what sounded like drilling under the water... anyway... mrs started getting freaked out by it so we got out.... and while we were walking back to our sun beds.... POW!!! an Earthquake.... 6.1 on the Rictor badman scale!! was sooo nuts!!

Literally felt like the ground was pulled out from under my feet... actually stumbled a bit. Easilly the craziest thing ive ever experienced!!!

Anyone else been in an Earthquake?

2. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

When in Italy..constantly..but not such intense ones..yet.

3. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

its nuts init!!?? Its like standing on a wobbly rope bridge or something....

we didnt think it was that bad until we walked back into the town... shit was everywhere... some kid had jumped a bar 3 floors up and broke his leg... a boulder had fallen from the mountain next to the town and smashed through a building... and then we saw the news and they were saying if it had been a 7.... literally.... no buildings would have been left standing. FUKIN CRAZY SHIT!!!

Never been so glad to be back in England!!

4. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

:D

Yeah, the mediterranean area is moving a lot atm..especially south-east up to central europe

[​IMG]

5. fractal

fractal Well-Known Member

haha deegun on the tectonics.

and im pretty sure theres a MASSIVE earthquake predicted for istanbul basically antime now

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  6. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Not the best graphic is it..but it makes perfectly clear what I wanted to say :D

7. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

earthquakes happen all the time in scotland. i felt a week one. the best one was when this bomb went off at the quarry i lived beside. house was rattled to fuck mate. i thought the Chinese were invading

8. _MILLA

_MILLA Flamboyant muthafucka

thats fuckin madness!

9. charlie131

charlie131 Well-Known Member

same sort of thing happend to me a couple of years ago.

Was chilling on the beach in Sri lanka, next thing i know there's a fucking tsunami coming towards us (the big one that happend on Boxing Day)

Scary shit

10. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Man... thinking back now is a bit weird... like the whole atmosphere of the place afterwards. Its kinda like you suddenly realise how little you really are in comparison. I dont think ill ever forget the sound..... it just completely engolfed your ears.... only thing i can think that sounds similar was the airplane taxing down the runway.... it sounds very similar only the earhtquake was much louder... and then the complete silence afterwards. It was even like the waves had stopped splashing the beach. Then watched boulders roll down the mountains.... they looked small from where we were... but when we went to see the one that had gone through a building.... it was just a bit bigger than a car.

Worst thing about it all was having to be all Mucho Man Randy Savage for the mrs... she was freaking the fuck out... cause literally maybe 5min afterwards a next earthquake hit... which to be fair didnt scare me as much... but was apparently 4.8.... then for the rest of the afternoon there was small tremours every now and then. Reading the news about it on the net now... there were aparently 60 small earthquakes after it. Most of them you probably couldnt notice though..... cause i didnt really notice that may.

Was pretty worried though when they said we wouldnt be able to leave oludeniz as there were boulders that had fallen onto the road leading out of the town... theres only one road in and out...... but luckilly..... the day before we had gone on a boat trip and i had made friends with the captain/sleazebagcunt because i had taken my laptop with me to write some tracks on the boat (holiday is the best place to write tunes btw)... but ended up plugging the badboy in and doing a little set hahaha... anyway..... so managed to convince him to drop me and the mrs to the next town acrross the coast (Mugla)..... so we could get to the airport.

Was a fukin wicked experience though!!

11. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

The walls shook a bit and shit was rattling in the cupboards, I think it was a 3.something on that scale they use and the night before I heard an owl.

12. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

Tell your Mrs to watch 2012

13. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

sounds like a cool experience, say what you want about the english weather at least we dont deal with the tectonix!

14. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Yeah, brothers grimm imo..I always went to the south of england and the weather was way better than over here in the north of germany..the rain..I think we might have more of that.

15. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

according to google maps, this is 1 hour and 38 mins from where i am going in turkey next weekend

16. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

thats quite a lot tho, unless its not right there where you are..a 6 - 7 magnitude may cause destruction in around 70 kilometers..but 1h and 38 mins is more than 70 I guess.

17. DirtySpleen

DirtySpleen Member

I was slightly surprised when we had a small quake here. I am on the east coast of the US and there isn't a fault zone within 1000 miles... I definitely wasn't expecting it at all.

18. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

Does germany get flooded a lot? you should have been here the last couple of weeks!

19. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Yes it does..more than a lot! Even worse than the UK I think? There are some mighty rivers here..let it rain a couple of days and people are fucked.

20. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Where abouts you going?