Earthlings nsfw

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Moskit, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Documentary narrated by Joaquin Phoenix about our treatment of animals.

Please don't watch this if you're easily shocked, theres a warning on the vid, but its pretty horrific stuff, if like me you can watch pretty much anything, yet struggle to deal with animal cruelty.

Compelling movie.

Trailer:

Full documentary:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6361872964130308142#

http://www.earthlings.com/

Opinions?

I know we got a few Veggies on here, so would be very interested to hear their views...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Gumby

Gumby New Member

omg i feel sick. i had to stop watching half way through.

3. Controller

Controller (╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻

Trailer was a struggle to watch, don't think I'd manage the full version without wanting to wipe out the human race for being such cunts.

4. CRoOK

CRoOK Audio Artillery

skinless dog was what really got me. nature can be as cruel as man, but we do it so unneccessarily. i feel like a cunt for existing now

5. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

yeah, that definitely made me feel far too raw. humans are such cunt bags.

kinda makes me feel good that we do the same fucked up shit too each other as well... at least we deserve it

6. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

what is the need for this? i'm gonna go find my cat and give it a hug

7. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

That dog has plagued my dreams ever since the first time I saw it!

I've nothing against using domesticated animals for food but if they cant be kept and killed humanely we've no business exploiting them. If we numbered farms and put that number on their produce we could use webcams to check on their livestock's living conditions (the appauling ones would have to shape up). Really and truly we should only be buying food from places where we're happy with how animals are kept.

8. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats why I go to Chicken Cottage.

Proper Halal. Bargain bucket. £6.99

9. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

things like this make me loose faith in humanity.

10. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

i came

but we are animals too were just badass muthafuckas with crossbows an knifes an ting an we merk them pussy animals for fun an sometings for eatings

11. JSDNB

JSDNB Member

I had a look to the full version couple years ago while I was still living in London: I got vegetarian for 8 months.

Then I came back to a "normal" diet since I thought that (in terms of eating) the aim of this documentary is to warn people about the over-production of meat, which leads to cruelty/unnecessary deaths.

...I remember I had to split my watching it in 3 times. I felt so bad that I had to cry, and this caused me not to pay attention at it as much as i wished to...that's why i splitted it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  12. MAJESTIC

MAJESTIC BishBashBosh

That was pretty raw.

13. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

To be honest, we know this kind of shit goes on everyday. We just dont really see it. It purely that we are more developed and higher up the food chain than animals. Not saying its right and it is quite upsetting but it shouldnt be that much of a shock

14. MARKLAR

seriously man the fuck up animals are our food if they were like us theyd blatently be doing the same shit so fuck em
    theres worse shit goin on in the world then to worry about the animals

15. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

You're right Marlok, there are worse things going on in nthe world to worry about, but crulety for the sake of it, or because laziness is fuckeries.

If everybody had that attitude, the world would be alot more fucked up place.

The "fuck em we're bigger than they're" mentality is the same fucking pedos use!

16. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

fuck my balls are empty

17. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Their living conditions should be okay enough for you to stand next to them in the barn without feeling sick.

Unfortunately there's no public register of the living conditions of animals in this country and we either have to trust DEFRA or watch documentaries neither of which is very satisfactory. I still think an online summary of each farm's inspection along with photos/footage of their premises and a correctly labelled sausage could go a long way towards improving things for our livestock.

It's not an excuse to say you dont care unless you've genuinely visited a battery farm and confirmed for yourself that you're actually okay with it.

Any farmers on dnbforum?

18. MARKLAR

wen i say fuck em i mean im not really bothered aslong as the gonna be for food
    killing em an shit just for fun is wrong i agree

19. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

got a bad feeling im gonna cry watching this, will wait till every1 is in bed haha.
    I was talking about this with my mate yesterday, how we are so unnessecary in our dealings with the other life on this planet. and we will pay for it eventualy.
    We as humans are perfectly capable of living alongside nature with little adverse effect. there are still people on this planet that are living proof. and probably the best known are the native americans. modern society is blood thirsty, its greedy and senseless and yet to go against it is considered wrong. I literaly feel like i die inside everytime i consider maybe my grandkids will only see landscapes and animals in video's, or a zoo. i know i'll probably not see alot of the beauty this world has to offer with my own eyes. but theres something comforting about knowing that its there if i ever get the opportunity. As a race we don't deserve this planet and i honestly believe it is too late to change that.

20. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

really dont know if i want to watch this or not, but i guess it will be educational if nothing else