earplugs when playing out

mmmmmmmm...not entirely sure there're really needed.....look at djs like grooverider, fabio, randal......all the original djs from the scene...theyve been exposed to more loud music than any of us and they dont use them. each to there own, but then saying that know djs playing on a valve system have to wear them.

mmmmmmmm...not entirely sure there're really needed.....look at djs like grooverider, fabio, randal......all the original djs from the scene...theyve been exposed to more loud music than any of us and they dont use them. each to there own, but then saying that know djs playing on a valve system have to wear them.

This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever read. Of course you need ear plugs, do you want to go deaf? Just because those guys dont use them doesnt mean their hearing isnt completley fucked now.

Word.

Isn't fresh like pretty deaf now? Has to get other people to mix his tracks down? I could be imagining that tho.

Earplugs are incredibly important. I wouldn't play out, or go to a rave without mine in.

This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever read. Of course you need ear plugs, do you want to go deaf? Just because those guys dont use them doesnt mean their hearing isnt completley fucked now.

Agreed. Hearing loss is permanent, so once it's shot it's only going to get worse.

I'm only 31 and managed to develop tinnitus after about 13 years of DJing. I regret not being wiser earlier on to protect my hearing, especially now that I'm more into the production side of things; Mixing down a track can be a pain in the dick with a constant 20kHz ringing in the ears.

I wear the alpines when playing out. The sounds fine, if the monitors shit it actually helps to be honest. I stick the lightest filters in, doesnt change much, if you drop some heavy bass weight and want to hear it in full, no harm in taking them out for a minute. at least thats what i do

Back
Top Bottom