earplugs when playing out

danwell

BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT
VIP Junglist
how many of you use them? im gonna start to.. i've tried it at home but its hard to hear anything! if you use filtered ear plugs, do you use the ones that let through the most sound?

I started too now I've got into producing and mixing again.. Last time I went without them was when we all did an Essex takeover of a club in Northampton, and the system was very trebley.. Messed my ears for a week! Can hear the music still with them, just very dulled down.. Pull them out for our sets, then pop them back in after.. As long as the bass is rumbling its still all good

See that's what I do but I see/know people that use them when they are playing. I know the benefits and that, just wanted to see who uses them

i bought some er 17's like 6 months ago cuz i was getting worried about my ears. i ve always (unfortunately) mixed loud as 'i can feel the music so much more' but im worried i ve already given my ears too much abuse. this may be a really stupid question, but you dont wear an ear plug on the heaphone ear right? otherwise tyou weont be able to hear shit? playing out i mean

you can hear with them in, just takes getting used to i guess. probably also depends what type of ear plug.

if you get high end custom ones i guess its a lot clearer than cheap ones

how many of you use them? im gonna start to.. i've tried it at home but its hard to hear anything! if you use filtered ear plugs, do you use the ones that let through the most sound?

ACS Pro-17's are excellent, i use them when djing, they work perfectly, the volume diffrence takes a little getting used to, esp on really big rigs, work great tho. I also got the T15 in-ear monitors, which work great to, and the sound is the bollox, although i havnt usd them to play out yet

i bought some er 17's like 6 months ago cuz i was getting worried about my ears. i ve always (unfortunately) mixed loud as 'i can feel the music so much more' but im worried i ve already given my ears too much abuse. this may be a really stupid question, but you dont wear an ear plug on the heaphone ear right? otherwise tyou weont be able to hear shit? playing out i mean

i wear them in both ears (pro17's), without any problems with monitoring, the volume diffrence takes a little getting used to

Earplugs are a must man.. I already have slight tinnitus from playing out without plugs.. and not even that frequently - It's actually my headphone ear which is worst so wear plugs DJing definitely in both ears. I only have some cheap 30 quid alpine ones and they work a treat! I actually prefer mixing with them in now a lot clearer

ACS also do one-fits-all plugs aswell, for around 20 quid, but please for the sake of your hearing only use them as a tempory measure, its not cheap to get custom plugs, but your hearing is worth allot more, and its really worthwhile getting higher end ones because the sound you hear is still very clear, you are less likley to pull them out half way thru the night coz you are bored of the muted sound you get with cheaper ones

also its worth giving your ears time to adjust, dont walk into the club and get straight in front of the sound system, build up your exposure over the first couple of hours so your ears can adjust. allot of hearing damage occours with sudden volume changes

Earplugs are a must man.. I already have slight tinnitus from playing out without plugs.. and not even that frequently - It's actually my headphone ear which is worst so wear plugs DJing definitely in both ears. I only have some cheap 30 quid alpine ones and they work a treat! I actually prefer mixing with them in now a lot clearer

I need some plugs too, hearing is starting to go weird

I got some er 15s fitted. One of the best purchases I ever made. I wear them when I go to raves too. You only get one set of ears etc. get some fitted, they really do make a difference :)

I'm gonna get custom ones soon, had a weird wooshing sound in my left ear (djing ear) for a few days after glade which proper scared me. Iv got alpine music safe plugs but I don't like them, they take too much of the music away.

Back
Top Bottom