Early LTJ Bukem style dnb?

NWcub77

Hi everyone,

Over the last couple of weeks I have been getting back into Drum n' Bass (or Jungle as it was known in my days!) after a gap of around 15 years. I used to love the Bukem sound and had hundreds of mix tapes which have since been binned :(

I know dnb has changed since the early days, but I was wondering whether there are any artists/DJ's who still play that early Bukem style? Basically anything in the last 10 years or so...

To give you an idea of the type of sound, off the top of my head tunes like Love Dove Jay Essence of Life, DJ Fugitive, JMJ & Ritchie Hall of Mirrors, DJ Trace Lost Entity, DJ Crystl were personal faves. Lush strings but heavy and ruff jungle beats basically...

Cheers for any help guys :)

Hi everyone,

Over the last couple of weeks I have been getting back into Drum n' Bass (or Jungle as it was known in my days!) after a gap of around 15 years. I used to love the Bukem sound and had hundreds of mix tapes which have since been binned :(

I know dnb has changed since the early days, but I was wondering whether there are any artists/DJ's who still play that early Bukem style? Basically anything in the last 10 years or so...

To give you an idea of the type of sound, off the top of my head tunes like Love Dove Jay Essence of Life, DJ Fugitive, JMJ & Ritchie Hall of Mirrors, DJ Trace Lost Entity, DJ Crystl were personal faves. Lush strings but heavy and ruff jungle beats basically...

Cheers for any help guys :)

why did you bin the mixtapes?

Furney and Tayla, gotta check those guys,
Chris Inperspective

Definately Furney and Tayla
and also Ltj Bukem,

(I haven't heard a set of his for a couple of years, didn't he play at shogun audio night recently, can anyone get a link to that set?)

Back
Top Bottom