E.z people, Im new here & looking for some guidance

Discussion in 'Production' started by Dylemma, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Dylemma

Dylemma New Member

Summing it up, ive been producing d&b now for 6 years or more, messed about with dubstep a tiny bit aswell. my tunes are played by a fair amount of radio dj's an what not,.. an i was almost signed to rap's label.. but believe me im not bigin myself up here,.. just wana show im serious about this,.. anyways.. fuk all that,.. the problem is, people say ' rob, ya tunes are sick man ' .... but really they aint,.. ok the composition an idea's are ok.. but engineering is SHITE... my tunes sound bare flat, i use reason mainly, but have started to re-wire into cubase 5 now,... ive noticed on the PAZ analyser that my tunes are flat, aswell as being able to tell they lack dynamic's myself through monitors... what i dont get though, is why, an where im fuking it up... i solo'd some bass's i made on the malstroms... an noticed they were almost mono looking, aswell as my drums, so any advice an guidance as to what im doin wrong would be fukin safe maaynnnn !! i been up all night tonight thinkin about it, gettin anoyed an frustrated an what not, so i thought id turn to some good people who know what there talking about to get some advice....

thanks in advance........

P.s Theres a jpg attached of the problem i spotted in the paz.. an a rear view of the malstrom the bass is coming from... just thought it might help.. safe !!

my tunes are here if anyone wants to listen...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dylemma/56302538979

And here is a video on my facebook of the tune that im currently working on that the pic attached is of.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=485804460760

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. spung3

spung3 Member

The only thing I noticed is your sub is a lil quiet but everything else is gravy

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i dont facebook so i cant listen but bass and drums are supposed to be in mono and flat on the spectrum analyzer is pretty cool in many cases.

4. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah basses and kicks etc are supposed to be mono'd anyway so I wouldnt worry there mate.

To build more width to your tracks you can slightly stereo widen pads and strings etc, throw lead synths etc to the left and right, pan them, phase them etc etc.

5. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

wait, all my basses should be mono?

6. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

7. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

thats the rule - but you can break rules - but it might sound shite. lol

8. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

i only ever put sub as mono, but il try changing rest to mono see if it makes any difference