E.S.R- The Simpsons (Jump Up)

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Ez all!

Heres a little Simpsons dnb remix i got to work on last night and today for a laugh whilst i was bored still figuring out cubase!

http://dnbshare.com/download/E.S.R-TheSimpsons.mp3.html

or check the soundcloud

http://soundcloud.com/e-s-r

Still just under a week of producing now so go easy lol. Drums are shit because can't produce anything decent on the shitty speakers i'm using! (they sound ok at college when im producing on monitors!!)

Anyways.. Have a listen and let me know what i can do! And try speak noob language if possible lol.

Safe

Last edited:
It's very basic but after a week of production you're coming along nicely imo.

Main thing for me is just variation. Make the track progress. At the moment it's just like the same bass sample and the same drums and the same Simpsons theme tune for the whole song. I would take that Barney sample out as well- doesn't fit in.

Also, the track is quite tame on the drop. Most of these jump up tunes you hear are savage as fuck.

Fair play though ;)

i'll listen to this on monday when i'm not on shitty mobile broadband... sounds amusing if not anything else!

mate of all the tunes that you could rmx why choose the simpsons?

ummm for ur second attempt of making something its pretty good man, u need to work on ur drums, make them stronger - there is plenty of threads on hear about it :) keep it up

mate of all the tunes that you could rmx why choose the simpsons?

ummm for ur second attempt of making something its pretty good man, u need to work on ur drums, make them stronger - there is plenty of threads on hear about it :) keep it up

Lol dunno really tbh with you mate! I like the simpsons i guess haha!

Yeah i know about the drums, gunna deffinatly work on that when im back at college next week on a better system cos mine is pathetic!!!

Lol dunno really tbh with you mate! I like the simpsons i guess haha!

Yeah i know about the drums, gunna deffinatly work on that when im back at college next week on a better system cos mine is pathetic!!!

haha fair enuf man, :D you should find a house track or something which has a simple structure and remix that. if you look in the break exchange section on this forum there is loads of break samples, use some of them to beef ur drums with.

right, for a week of production you've done well to get it to that stage.
1. Don't use the simpsons, it feels really insulting to listen to
2. I really like what your doing with the bass patch, but when it goes WOM WOM WOM WIDIWIWI WOM WOM. I'd change the "WIDIWIW" so that the bass doesn't stick out of the mix so much, maybe turn it down a bit and try filtering that little bit alone. I like the sound though
3. The samples, pretty much like point 1, I don't like the way it just feels stupid and plonked it. This isn't you, its just what you've had to do because your using the simpsons, try just putting some ambience or something at the start and forgetting the whole simpsons thing.

But I do love the bass [even though im not a mad jump up head] so deffinatly work on it and upload your new updates

just resounding some points above, first of all, pretty damn cool tune :) when the drop happens try layering that bass to a higher octave maybee with a little movement on some distortion. just something to keep the high end spectrum moving around.... also get that break to come through a little more.. for a second tune that bassline is pretty damn cool. big ups, keep em coming.

Last edited:
just resounding some points above, first of all, pretty damn cool tune :) when the drop happens try layering that bass to a higher octave maybee with a little movement on some distortion. just something to keep the high end spectrum moving around.... also get that break to come through a little more.. for a second tune that bassline is pretty damn cool. big ups, keep em coming.

do you know how i open the piano roll in cubase 4? Can't figure it out..

Thanks for the reply mate! This isn't my best work btw, got better things coming at college! Just got bored and started playing around and wanted to see how easy/hard it would be to remix a tune so just did the simpsons hoping i would learn some stuff on the way (which i did)!

first... i wouldn't call this a remix, i would say you sampled the simpsons, if this was a remix then the bass/melody should have some element of the simpsons tune in it!

but apart from the gashness that is using the simpsons theme, this tune is pretty sweet! really like the bass, if ya dont mind me asking... what wave form combos did you use to achieve this?

like tongue flap has said, beef up the drums dude... breaks FTW!

i did like the voice in the begiing too, mainly cos it was hard to understand and etherial like, good shit!

reminds me of this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC63kz6fpZk

do you know how i open the piano roll in cubase 4? Can't figure it out..

Thanks for the reply mate! This isn't my best work btw, got better things coming at college! Just got bored and started playing around and wanted to see how easy/hard it would be to remix a tune so just did the simpsons hoping i would learn some stuff on the way (which i did)!

hmm sorry, i use ableton. never had a go at cubase.

Back
Top Bottom