E BAy Vultures

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Radius, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Am I the only one who is getting the arse with people who push up the price of promos by snapping up the ones ya want whilst your at work then try to sell them for far too much on e-bay ??
    I know some of you will say "well taht is market forces etc" but frankly f@ck that its vulture jankro bullshit

2. Radius

3. Radius

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metalheadz-Commix-Call-to-Mind-LP-too-big-2-miss_W0QQitemZ250164476456QQihZ015QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"Grab it whilst its sizzling" "untouched vinyl" it sez....I would but some arse who only loves mony double the f@ckin price for what..staying at home on teh PC all day...cockknocker !!!

I mean if you really love the music do ya not PLAY this ???
    Wait till I find out what thes tossers like other than money..gonna buy every last one and sell em for 20 times the price on e bay...cha

4. ThomW

ThomW Southsea In Full Effect

Allow it.

People are dumb enough to buy them tho so meh.

5. Radius

offered them a quid if they respond i'll offer them 2 quid :cowbell:

6. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

7. Radius

stupid :boxing:

8. beach!

beach! The Unclean - Pro Leecher

I dont think anyone is dunce enough to pay 50 boyz... That matey will be holding on to the promo come end of auction!...

9. alz

alz compress to impress

i got mampi - the one off there last week for a tenner, well chuffed

10. Noxxus

Noxxus Master baiter

Bet they rip the vinyl and spread it all over the internets, then sell the vinyl.

Cunts.

11. Radius

12. Noxxus

Noxxus Master baiter

How the fuck is music gonna survive with pricks like this?!

13. kevferris

kevferris Member

It's crazy, why oh why would you pay £50 for an ep that will be out in a few weeks at £12.99. All i can think of is that someone who would pay that amount or even someone paying £25 plays in a club and the promoter makes them buy new and fresh dubplates/promos.

But realistically what is wrong if someone snaps up the promo on chemicalrecords then sticks it on eBay for a higher price, at the end of the day, you can say it's business acumen and we could all do this if we wanted to, ie check chemicalrecords for new promos buy them sell 'em on, but £50 is silly.

What gets me about eBay, is the whole inconsistency of it all. I seen bassline smith/greg packer glo 12" go for £23 about 2-3 weeks back, so i thought hey i never really play mine, and stuck it on @ 99p. And it only went for the 99p! Yet some sucker has paid £23 for it a week previous, and i was thinking i'd at least get a tenner + for it. Then grimey ep went for £12 last week, i stick it on and mine goes for a measly £1.40!

Where's the logic, why do some auctions go for loads and others for nothing. Btw i have 800+ feedback and am a pretty reliable seller. I guess it's good for buyers if you're clever, so i guess it balances out, it's just a bit of a sickener to see one go for £23 and mine goes for 99p!

14. Radius

I know it business, but what I am getting at is the person who paid £50 for one promo, could have bought several singles and an ep for the price so in effect it is damaging music sales. Also it is e;levating eth price of a promo for people who actually want to buy and play the music.

As for Ebay, if you want to get some fat processor or tune, wait until a few have been sold and the last one is generally cheaper.

15. kevferris

kevferris Member

I know what you mean, and you could say they are killing vinyl or whatever, but however much you may not like it, demand & supply is what it boils down to. If you look at completed listings that Commix LP went for between £28.50 and £40, but even if people stick the lp on at 99p it will still probably go up to £30~ so if someone sticks it on at a low price, they are saying i am willing to take the 99p (although they know it will be bumped up) so i don't see what's wrong with this. Essentially it's the buyer's fault for buying it and/or outbidding each other to bump up the price. But i feel people like this,
    ie people who're prepared to spend this amount on one 12"/double pack probably just buy loads of records, and the industry needs people like this (of course the industry isn't profiting loads by people buying promos on eBay but still). And you say it elevates the price for the others, well if you just wait then you'll get it on eBay for buttons, i just picked up Commix/Logistics - Surround/Deep Joy for a measly 1p with £2.50 p+p, so if you really want it and don't want to pay loads just be patient.

Personally I just think it's lack of knowledge, either that, or some people have too much money. In fact i seen the Skool of Hard Knocks vinyl Lp go on eBay a short while back for like £5~ and that was with p+p whereas another day this might have went for £20. I snapped up the guerrilla warfare LP for like £7 or something which included p+p which is very cheap and apart from talking about new promos reaching high prices, my point really is people don't research! if you go to completed listings, see that x tune went for 20p with £2.50 postage, you're not going to bid £15 are you for the next one that comes along, but if you really wanted the tune and didn't know it went for 20p, you may well bid loads. Of course this is good if you're a clever buyer ;)

I remember one time on eBay, i stuck a particular dvd on for £5.99, ended up with no bids so relisted it sticking it on at £3.99, and it ended up selling for over £20 which i couldn't believe. Which really sums up my point...