Dysphoria - Uplifting Vibesy dnb with a dubstep switch for 2nd drop - does it work???

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by jay walker, Oct 5, 2010.

1. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

http://soundcloud.com/jaywalkerpa/dysphoria-jay-walker

would be interested to know what people think about this, i took it this direction to use as a dj tool so i could switch between dnb & dubstep in a mix, does it work or is it an epic fail on my behalf?

feedback good or bad, would be appreciated.

2. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

Re: Dysphoria - Uplifting Vibesy dnb with a dubstep switch for 2nd drop - does it wor

mixdown and drums in the dnb section defo need work and personally i dont like the trancy lead tbh.

3. jay walker

Re: Dysphoria - Uplifting Vibesy dnb with a dubstep switch for 2nd drop - does it wor

thanks man, not even had the chance to play it on some speakers yet, just been working on headphones. the dubstep bit was made first, and worked back to the dnb bit, so ill give it a bit more attention there. :thumbsup:

4. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

It's sounding good and update once youve done it on speakers.
    Im not a fan of the trancy synths either, i think you could have a much better tune here if you put some work into the and get them sounding less trancy but thats up to you mate.
    The ideas are definatly there.

In all good work but its too "happy for me"

Any feedback on my latest post would be apprieciated!

EDIT - With the dubstep section have you just changed the tempo down to 140 area? i see what your getting at but not totally feeling it. if it were me id keep it and drum and bass speed but change the beat the drum step. my input on what i would do. really thing the beat at around 4.35 tho.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  5. jay walker

Nice one, dunno why i took it down the trancey route, might change it, will wait for a bit more feedback before i do anything too drastic! lol

yeah, just automated the tempo to slow down from 174 to 140 bpm on the 2nd drop, did a drumstep edit in a co-lab I worked on a mate with recently so didnt wanna do it again (just yet!)

safe for the feedback tho bro :thumbsup: