DVS & vinyl mixing

rj_dnb

VIP Junglist
Ok so I recently got serato and I love it. Cheap tunes, get to play digi only releases etc. However. When I'm mixing I find it very either or. Its dead simple to just click the thru button...but I dont...I either have a mix with my MP3s, or leave it on thru mode and have a vinyl session. Maybe I'm just just still getting used to the setup..who knows. Anyone have anything similar?

not sure how u have set it up mate but i just flick the switch above the each channel from line to phono
take it apart get the manual out and wire it back up would be my best advice

Teddy, if i read the first post right, he's not saying he has a problem with the setup, lol.

Then again ive been up for 5 hours already and im staring at a screen in a badly lit office. I may be wrong.

wait, so when through mode is on you can play normal vinyl records?

Yeah, which is what is supposed to happen. Its so you dont have to fuck about unplugging shit in order to get back to normal wax. You just click THRU in the software and it routes the signal straight past the serato soundcard.

Yeah, which is what is supposed to happen. Its so you dont have to fuck about unplugging shit in order to get back to normal wax. You just click THRU in the software and it routes the signal straight past the serato soundcard.
ah ok, id always wondered why when you open serato its automatically on through mode and its a bit annoying. good stuff

Ok so I recently got serato and I love it. Cheap tunes, get to play digi only releases etc. However. When I'm mixing I find it very either or. Its dead simple to just click the thru button...but I dont...I either have a mix with my MP3s, or leave it on thru mode and have a vinyl session. Maybe I'm just just still getting used to the setup..who knows. Anyone have anything similar?

So what happens when you try and transition from one to the other?

ahhh. now i understand.
and yeah. i do the exact same. i have a vinyl only sesh or a digi only session most of the time.

digi = business
vinyl = pleasure

unless im piecing together or recording a mix.

If you playing digitally on your right channel, turn through mode on the left channel and you can play a record on the left channel?

Lol maybe I should have explained a bit better. The set up works fine. S'all good. Can switch thru to digi no probs. What I'm saying is I don't. I still see my music collection as 2 different things. I have my MP3s and I have my wax. I never cross format mix and I don't really know why as the ability is there and that's the whole point of serato. I'm wondering if anyone else had a bit of 'getting usedto it' time when you got serato. Reason is I'm wondering if serato actually suits me or I'd just be better off with my TT's and a cdj

yeah I see what you are saying bro - and that is why I am really clinging onto being vinyl only - if I went to serato, my records would become redundant - whats the real point of taking records with you when you have them all on your computer? the cross format option does work well tho for jamming b2b which is what I do quite a bit

Back
Top Bottom