DVS Issues

ConEP

So having more issue with my DVS setup, consists of two 1200s and a traktor a6. Literally cannot get my head around this, when I push or slow down the vinyl it either slows down way too much
or speeds up way too much, there is no small nudging and is feels almost impossible to keep them in beat. However regular vinyl is absolutely fine. Any ideas ?

cheers

here's a few things that might be worth trying:
1. Re-calibrate your traktor scratch with your turntables
2. Change your speed settings to 45 RPM instead of 33 RPM (you go in preferences to do this)
3. Make sure your laptop can run it smoothly, had issues when I first got it becasue I had too much shit on my laptop but sorted this out and works smoothly most of the time.
4. Check all connection cables and needles.
Only bits of advice I can think of, if my traktor A6 starts playing up thats what I do and it works fine most of the time

I click calibrate and let it roll for a tune on each deck before I start each time, already play on 45rpm, laptop is a beast no problems there, needles are 4 months old, tried several control vinyls

I click calibrate and let it roll for a tune on each deck before I start each time, already play on 45rpm, laptop is a beast no problems there, needles are 4 months old, tried several control vinyls

only other thing I can think of mate is re-install the software if you have not already done that, also does it only happen when you touch the platter or is it when you are pitch riding aswell?

- - - Updated - - -

(also maybe check needle weights if not already done)

Pitch riding is fine, but im not amazing at it, have tried on two different laptops same issue, weights are at 3g ortofon djs concordes

sounds weird, I know my traktor scratch is a bit more sensitive than vinyl but not a lot, would recommend learning how to ride the pitch, helped me so much when I figured out how to do that because it sounds smoother and makes it easier to lock tunes in when you have it down

I find sometimes certain sides of the control vinyl can be skippy. Basically there are always some sort of issues when using traktor!

can you upload a screenshot of your Tempo settings tab? I can't remember exactly which tab but the one with RPMs on.

Its not physically possible to slow down the deck a different rate to the software cos the signal starts off as analogue, meaning what's being played thru the needle 'should' correspond with the track being played.

Or i've completely misunderstood your post and tell me to shut up

- - - Updated - - -

After re-reading I can't understand wtf is going on. That really shouldnt happen. So in theory if you lightly touch the vinyl to pitch bend down the track stops even tho the vinyl is still spinning?

can you upload a screenshot of your Tempo settings tab? I can't remember exactly which tab but the one with RPMs on.

Its not physically possible to slow down the deck a different rate to the software cos the signal starts off as analogue, meaning what's being played thru the needle 'should' correspond with the track being played.

Or i've completely misunderstood your post and tell me to shut up

- - - Updated - - -

After re-reading I can't understand wtf is going on. That really shouldnt happen. So in theory if you lightly touch the vinyl to pitch bend down the track stops even tho the vinyl is still spinning?
It will slow down or speed up too much, it seems literally impossible to keep in beat by touching the platter, the pitch needs to be rode all the time.

so the vinyl is just too loose on the spindle then? besides you 'should' be pitch riding anyways

so the vinyl is just too loose on the spindle then? besides you 'should' be pitch riding anyways
Yeah I know I should but im nothing special at it it doesnt feel overly loose, whats your typical calibration when you start a mix on dvs?

Yeah I know I should but im nothing special at it it doesnt feel overly loose, whats your typical calibration when you start a mix on dvs?

There's no good to learn it tho, it's really good practice not to touch the platter as you know.

I literally just play the vinyl and hit calibrate. Never heard of a problem like yours :/

Here is my temp settings page
RWXOnR4.png

i find similar issues nudging vinyl is loads simpler as its pretty universal and does what you expect being analogue, as opposed to nudging timecodes which have different effects depending on your laptop and setup, in the end i found when using time codes just learning the pitch ride for my specific laptop config worked a lot more reliably to get it matched than messing about nudging which has its advantages and disadvantages. Maybe try this tactic and then it will help you realize where the difference is coming from.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom