Dustek in Knowledge (again)

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
I seem to have a way with words when smashed. Check out the letters page. Second letter this year... I wrote it because I was pissed off at all the Ganja Kru ads and the shortness of the mag.

can we have a copy posted bro, I'm sure its amusing but I don't buy this mag all the time

I've got to say that the September issue left me with some very mixed feelings about dnb. On the plus side, the cover cd was excellent with some brilliant, wickedly produced tracks from unknowns. That means there's a massive pool of talent out there. The game article showed that dnb can function on its own and is not a strictly hermetic genre, which can only be good for it with new listeners and their money coming to it through games and other outlets. London Elektricity made me laugh with "doing a Kosheen". Most people I speak to don't realize where Kosheen come from, they think of them as some type of house/electro band. The Mad Dog interview made me hope to hear some serious mc charged dnb in the future.

On the negative side, I see the same ads for the same lps on consequtive pages. Mixmag doesn't have 4 different ads for the same Tiesto album... Isn't there anything more varied coming out? The amount of new releases seems to have slowed done looking at the review pages...I also see a major label selling some excellent cds for a price that must be cutting its throat or... do they just have to a load of classics that hasn't moved. I also see the major players running after the liquid bandwagon and I'm wondering, while it suffer saturation as many as sub genre has in the past? I'm also worried about the length of your mag - seems to be shrinking... Are hard times upon us?

:2thumbs: cool. knowledge is a good mag but like all others will try to present a certain angle on the scene that works best for them at the time, ie pushing trends.

Back
Top Bottom