Drum & Bass Dusk (Metik Remix) - Bluejay

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Metik2009, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Metik2009

Metik2009 New Member

Hello everyone! This is my first track post here on this forum. Really excited about the community you have here.

I've been making hip-hop and electronic beats for a while now but have recently been giving a try to some drum and bass production. I've got a few tracks I'm still working on but this remix is my first official finished track. Let me know what you think!

Any and all feedback appreciated and returned.

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

You are lacking sub bass and your drums need to come up a bit. That wobble is cool but gets old after awhile. Also, cheek out the flow of the original track and try to follow it's pattens. All said it is a cool remix, with nice sounds.

Metik2009 likes this.
  3. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Pretty much what IV4 said... The sounds in it are great but it needs some work on the volumes and some more EQing. You could try to make some sort of variance every 8th or 16th bar to spice it up a bit. I try to keep that as a rule as it keeps the tune interesting and keeps the listener from getting bored.

Metik2009 likes this.
  4. Metik2009

Metik2009 New Member

IV4 Do you think the drums need to come up on both the first and second part or just the drop? I'm gonna mess with the wobble to see if I can get some more variation in it, I tried to modulate it more on the second 16 bars but now that I've listened to it for a few days it sounds pretty similar to the first half. Also gonna mess with a sub bass, I'll try and upload a newer version soon! Thanks for the feedback though guys I really appreciate it.

5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Definitely, in the drop. I think they could come up more in the intro too, but I think you should really try and work on giving your drums more of a presence in the drop. Also, check the clicking sound in your bass, and make sure your sub is mono.

6. Metik2009

Metik2009 New Member

Yea I started messing around with the sub bass and it already sounds a lot better, good call on that. I'm working on bringing the drums up right now. Which clicking sound are you talking about? I've had a lot of trouble in the past with sidechaining a kick to the compressor and it gives it a kind of popping sound, do you think that could be it?

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

About 2:42 would be an example of the clicking.

8. Metik2009

Metik2009 New Member

Yea I see what you're talking about, it's something in the pitch envelope I think.