Dumb & Base - Independant Feature

OMG, Drum and bass has always taken influnces from other genres its what makes it so special... If you just stick to what it already has you get tracks like: Dont be Silly, Killers Dont Die, Machete etc... Not music bleeps and wobbles for people to bounce about to... Not music imo... If you take influences from other genres you get artists releasing albums like: More Than Alot, Call To Mind, Hold Your Colour, Colours etc... All big albums each track you can listen to from start to finish. Its ignorant comments like that that piss me off.

yeah its just sound, not music :rolleyes:
i agree with some things u say scotty, not this :P

i dont think chase and status are on the same path as pendulum at all.
alright their increasing popularity may mean that the raves they play at are now gunna be full of preppy lads and rah girls, which is the same as happened to pendulum - but having seen their rise to the top of the scene through numerous releases that weren't saying much, and seeing their advancement in music - i think you cant deny that they are a lot more into the scene than pendulum ever were. they'll be making drum&bass, and dubstep as well (but i dont see a problem with cross genre production), for time still.

their popularity is inevitable, no need to hate on it tho

yeah its just sound, not music :rolleyes:
i agree with some things u say scotty, not this :P

I did say imo, I honestly wouldnt class and this isnt a dig at hazard but Machete isnt music to me.

Also I wasnt looking for people to agree, I'm just stating my opinion

Last edited:
feels like he needed more words to get his point across but i still think he did a good job. was an enjoyable read, cheers man.

well imo when machete is dropped by andy c i think it qualifies as music. Whether u can listen to the same track for the whole track doesnt matter, it does the job... to have a big impact on a mix for a min or so.

more on topic... I'm really liking the deeper dnb and chase and status are doing a good job at covering lots of different styles

okay ill sum up this thread
jump up is good
jump up is shit
machette isnt a song
machette is a dub
chase and status are going the same way as pendulem
chase and status are sick

thankyou and goodnight

Please don't turn this into another one of those threads.

It's short article in a mainstream newspaper, showing drum & bass in a fresh, forward thinking & positive light.

Show me the last time that was done...

okay ill sum up this thread
jump up is good
jump up is shit
machette isnt a song
machette is a dub
chase and status are going the same way as pendulem
chase and status are sick

thankyou and goodnight

Ha i do agree in some ways, there is alot of this on this forum. But everyone is gana say what they think.

I dnt think that anyone can say any tune isnt music. I love it when im at a rave and a phat tune drops even if it is only played for a lil bit.

I only really listen to dnb, but i listen to different types when im at home and when im ravin my tits off. Thats the way it should be. end off.

Sound

Cheers for that man.
The Metro did a similar article ages ago about
Commix Call to mind
High Contrast tough guys dont dance
Tc evolution
They called it Drum and Bass and so much more:)
Defo a good look for the scene imo.

Interesting article, but I think with most genres of music, you really have to dig deep to find the new and original stuff, it's all very well mentioning the acts that are breaking through into the mainstream, like Chase & Status, but what about the techno-dnb scene; I'd say there's some pretty fresh stuff being spawn from that, Ah well, I suppose that's the whole point of it being underground, although I'm suprised Noisia, or Spor didn't get a mention.

The person who wrote this, personally i don't think has a clue. how can you say call to mind was what got away from the dancefloor seen? just because its liquid and not jump up. LIquid never died or has never resurrected, all the hospital stuff was going years before this, and that isnt incredibly different [seeing as Commix do release on Hospitals FUture SOund of Cambridge] . Also, i dont want to carry on the Jump up thing, i prefer liquid by far, but you can't slate a jump up artist because somebody has just got to have in their head when there making the tune that a rave sometimes need some dirty bizniz

Interest article perspective wise, quite a bold and unfair title.
nice find

Back
Top Bottom