dubstep

the_voice

VIP Junglist
there must be pepole that dont like this music
right
:confused: am i the only one that thinks dubstep has fuck all the do with drum and bass why so much hype about it with todays so call dnb heads

now i am not haveing a go here so dont think i am tbh i dont give a shit i just think its hyped up shite like how ukg/2step was with dnb bk in 1999 -2000 soon every one will be into some think else

i just like to know what u think

you are right. it has fuck all to do with drum and bass. the way grime has fuck all to do with hip hop. they are just musics with similar philosophies.

but aren't you the guy who posted a massive list of your dubstep collection? so why the beef all of sudden? i don't understand you at all voice. the words aspergers and autism spring to mind*

not too keen on the proper jump up wobble business, think its sick for bout half an hour then get bored of it. But the darker, atmospheric stuff by people like distance is the bollocks, can liksten to it all day.

Anyway dubsteps a totaly diffrernt genre got nothin to do with drum n bass really

right
:confused: am i the only one that thinks dubstep has fuck all the do with drum and bass why so much hype about it with todays so call dnb heads

now i am not haveing a go here so dont think i am tbh i dont give a shit i just think its hyped up shite like how ukg/2step was with dnb bk in 1999 -2000 soon every one will be into some think else

A certain thread in a certain section of this forum says you're bullshitting!!!

Dubstep is its own entity completely. I personally enjoy a bit of dubstep but only when its played through a phat sound system.

you are right. it has fuck all to do with drum and bass. the way grime has fuck all to do with hip hop. they are just musics with similar philosophies.

but aren't you the guy who posted a massive list of your dubstep collection? so why the beef all of sudden? i don't understand you at all voice. the words aspergers and autism spring to mind*

i post that shite for dj sc links are not mine
i used only mf :)

They're linked because I definitely think there's a similar vibe and general ethos. And I'm not really keen on the raspy wobble stuff, but I bum the shit out of the more atmospheric, interesting things. Loads of local Bristol producers making some absolutely BOOM tunes.

right

I used to hate it with a passion but that was because i hadn't found the style of dubstep that i liked. When i heard the shit black sun empire did that got me interested, then i found babylon system, the bassist, Droid sector, spl (bad as fuck) and it clicked. Now i can't stop listening to it.
And from the dnb angle even though top dnb producers are making dubstep it's still 2 completey different styles of music. you just haven't found the dubstep you like and if you don't, Un-fucking-lucky!!!!!!!

i like dubstep but not so much the wobble bass. folk like numbernin6 and jayou are good but they might only be on the dubstepforum and online dont know if they are big or not.

Music always looks forward, whilst your looking forward dont forget to look left and right and wave at your influences and never forget to look back and salute your predecessor's

It aint my cuppa tea put it that way,ive heard enough to say i have given it a chance,i just dont like the slowness,there are some catchy basslines and that but i always feel like if it was on a dnb beat it would be good but i just cant get into it and aggree it has frick all to do with dnb.

you cant really compare the two genre's
i spose you get alot of dubstep at dnb nights tho cos they're both bass-driven music

personally i like dubstep but not the caspa & rusko wobble shite

I dunnoo.... when I first heard dubstep I hated it, but I love it so much now, obviously prefer dnb that's why I'm here, but I love gettin down n dirty to dubstep

Back
Top Bottom