dubstep

I think you dont know what your on about dubstep has found its place in the uk, an it may not be as mature as dnb but its well on its way... As for looking for people other than the main players that are producing good music, you obviously aint digging deep enough...

Edit: just saw the except dub police comment

You what???

you ever heard of DMZ? Tempa? Ringo? Planet MU?

Pathetic:

1 - If you could read properly - You dig for lesser known artists the so called "major players" music is readily available and we've all listened to Tempa Allstars.

2 - You've already voided your own arguement by stating dubstep's (Quote) "well on it's way"......so therefore agreeing with me by stating that it still has some time to go.

Learn how to write a constructive criticism

Last edited:
My problem is that I love Drum n' Bass so much I see Dubstep as a bit of a threat I suppose, I remember seeing someones sig on here that said "if Goldie makes a Dubstep album I know it's all over" or words to that effect, then I listen to his podcast and he's saying he's made a dubstep tune..!!
That sort of shit just worries me..

I agree, I'd hate to see Dubstep take over D&B and it pains me to see producers 'defecting' to the genre.

I don't mind it at all just don't love it anywhere near as much as I love D&B!

However when I buy a nice big saloon car with a nice big 15" sub in a nice big box tunes to a nice low 40Hz things may be different...

Dubstep has got fuck all to do with drum & bass.. why are people compairing? you either like it or you dont... the problem is that half you haters turn your nose up at it before even searching around.

Pathetic:

1 - If you could read properly - You dig for lesser known artists the so called "major players" music is readily available and we've all listened to Tempa Allstars.

2 - You've already voided your own arguement by stating dubstep's (Quote) "well on it's way"......so therefore agreeing with me by stating that it still has some time to go.

I said it wasnt as mature as dnb but its well on its way to being at the same level... Bare in mind jungle/dnb has been around alot longer... As for 1 I dont get what point your trying to make, I said you have to dig for lesser known artists.. An yes most people have heard of Skream, Benga, Caspa, Rusko, Mala etc... But you start digging and find artist's like burial, vex'd & applebim... I know everyone has heard of Tempa but you said that Dub Police are the only lable leading the way to which I named 3 or 4 lables that are have been an are actually doing alot better at leading the way.

If you think Dubstep is shit listen to this (all the way through)...

after that if you still think its shit .......then your fucked in the head haha.

and play it through a decent set of speakers at least or your opinion doesnt count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTeR5UTa3_E

^^^ My favourite Dubstep Tune to this day......Beautiful piece of Music^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
yes bruv fucking love ranking records ruckspin is heavy, his remix of that screaming soul tune warfare is what got me into dubstep. still this is a tedious argument, either you can be arsed to search through the oceans of mediocre dubstep to find the nuggets or you cant. personally i am feeling the whole techno influenced vibe from people like martyn, appleblim pangaea and ramadanman.

and to those who are worried about dnb producers leaving the scene, i think its important for artists to put music out there that they're truly feeling, so if heads like kryptic minds and breakage feel they need to slow the tempo down allow them, hopefully the'll start writing dnb tunes with a fresh outlook. same with commix and techno, or zinc with house.

there must be pepole that dont like this music
right
:confused: am i the only one that thinks dubstep has fuck all the do with drum and bass why so much hype about it with todays so call dnb heads

now i am not haveing a go here so dont think i am tbh i dont give a shit i just think its hyped up shite like how ukg/2step was with dnb bk in 1999 -2000 soon every one will be into some think else

i just like to know what u think

I agree

love that sunshine tune man its big another 1 of my favs is Rain by Breakage

watch

big tune

I dont mind dubstep but I dont see it as a rave type music. Its quite good driving music cause is shakes the fuck out of my rear windscreen!!!

I think it was straight from the garage grime stuff that was coming out early 2000's like anything on Black Ops.

I got bored of Grime and Garage cause nothing good was coming out anymore hence why i jumped on to DnB so hard. I think Dubstep has a good sound but I view it in the same breath as Hip Hop, I like it but not in a club. Just wanna get bare lean to it haha.

That last BSE's release is sick imo 'The Invasion / Dyneema' as well as their previous one 'Hyper Sun / Cold Crysis'.. heavy dubstep.

dubstep is good to listen to but in small doses.. just like Limewax :>

Can't say I like alot of dubstep but def do really enjoy some of it. I tend to like the same style dubstep as dnb....deep and dark. I picked up a Rusher dubstep mix a few months back and loved the entire set....first time that's happened with a dubstep set. Gotta agree that BSE's dubstep stuff is sick....can't wait for more releases from them.

drum and bass general. this isnt dnb. pisses me off.

post dubstep in the other section.

close / end thread.

sum people like it sum people dont an this thread belongs in uk underground or waffle!

Pathetic:

You shot urself in the foot saying that dub police are in some way leading the way having already criticised he major hitters when that is what dub police consists of. Dont get me wrong theyve got some artists that hav done some sick things, but its a sound alot of people are already quite bored of with the whole caspa & rusko type thing. Which is what i think was what scotty was getting at.

Back
Top Bottom