dubstep

Dubstep producers are bringing shit loads of new idea's & sounds.. The scene is exciting & fresh imo

To the heads that say they hate it.. listen to some of these tracks!

1. Kito - Cold
2. Late - Dreams Are
3. Cyrus - Crying Game
4. 2562 - Kontrol
5. Breakage - Rain
6. Instra:mental - Rogue
7. Headhunter - Axis
8. Kito - What If
9. Vaccine - Wishful Thinking VIP / No Beats
10. Distance - Delight
11. Absence - Souls
12. Vaccine - Breathless
13. Indigo - Golden Proportion
14. Forensix - Solace
15. Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip - Thou Shalt Always Kill / Vaccine Remix
16. Silkie - I Sed
17. Solitude - Pathways Into Life
18. Mala - Changes
19. Vaccine - Fever
20. Distance - My Demons
21. Vaccine - Anaesthetic / No Beats
22. Kwality - Doug Wilson
23. Global Communication - Epsilon Phase
24. Lustmord - Decompression
25. Burial - Night Bus

http://dnbshare.com/download/Solitude-Dubstep_AmbientStudioMix.mp3.html

i can't stand dubstep and i hate the way it get's so much recognition on this forum, THIS IS A DRUM AND BASS FORUM

No way can't compare Dubstep to Drum & Bass. Drum & Bass will always be bigger and better than Dubstep. I ain't gonna hate on Dubstep, i rather listen to that any all other shitty genres of music.

Long live DRUM & BASS

Why do people complain about different style of music whether it be dubstep, jump up, liquid, hip hop whatever. If you dont like it dont listen to it, its really that simple and leave your complaining to the fact you aint had your ass plowed for a couple of hours.

CRUD STEP

Insightful.

I do like dubstep, like I like most genres of Drum and Bass, I'm not comparing it to Drum and Bass, but it all depends on what mood I'm in, to what music I'll listen to, like Hip Hop.

I don't think you can really compare Drum and Bass to Dubstep, but DJs do other things, like make dubstep, breaks or house. I guess it would be quite creatively draining constantly making one style of music for x amount of years.

Unless you've got a niagra falls of creativity flowing.

form the small amounts of dubstep ive heard i dont mind it! bit slow for my preference but i really dont wanna get into it! i spend too much money i havent got on vinyl as it is!

love dubstep there isnt really a connection between dnb an dubstep well there wasnt but there kind of is now with tunes like the quarks an stuff an chainsaw.
i dont see why people hate it so much its not tryin to take over dnb!lol
and on dubstep forum they dont talk about dnb half as much as dubstep is talked about on here.
so if u dont like it dont talk about it

Voice your an attention seeking whore, you have posted up most of your dubstep collection which is quite big an I'm sure you have said some tracks are mint, yet now your making a thread like this to get some reactions... Get a fucking life you cunt!

you are right. it has fuck all to do with drum and bass. the way grime has fuck all to do with hip hop. they are just musics with similar philosophies.

but aren't you the guy who posted a massive list of your dubstep collection? so why the beef all of sudden? i don't understand you at all voice. the words aspergers and autism spring to mind*

TOO FUCKING RIGHT.

Well said.

i aint gonna say i dont like dubstep because its dubstep.. in the same way that i wouldn't say i like drum & bass because its drum & bass. Theres some sick dubstep about and im really into a lot of it.. good music is good music fuck what it says on the tin..

and anyway Voice were you not posting up about a load of old skool the other day? thats not dnb is it.. it may be what DnB originated from but i can see a lot of influences in dubstep taken from DnB aswell so how can ya whine about other genres being talked about on here eh?

Voice your an attention seeking whore, you have posted up most of your dubstep collection which is quite big an I'm sure you have said some tracks are mint, yet now your making a thread like this to get some reactions... Get a fucking life you cunt!

thats exactly what i thought when i saw the thread. LOL.

I think Dubstep needs to mature as a genre more. You've got everyone with a midi keyboard up to it at the moment and there's a whole load of utter shit out there.

I browsed through a few online record stores to try and sniff out some new artists other than the "major players" and I ended up getting nowhere as everyone's jumped on the same bandwagon......

Once the scene's found it's place in the UK underground firmly and you get institutions firmly set around the genre - like your Helter Skelters/Accelerated Cultures etc etc - Along with some cutting edge record lables like your Virus / Ram / Moving Shadow / Suburban Bass - then it'll get somewhere.

I think everyone's still making up their minds and I don't think anyone's capitalising the sound in terms of superiority, leading the way (except maybe Dub Police?)

Just my thoughts

Dubstep is a refreshing change from dnb, you will find it is very diffrent yet also similar think about it to make dnb you use a break and a bassline at around 174bpm, other than that the possibilties are endless you can then take aspects from any other genres i.e. house/electro/rock/metal/hip hop/etc.. an yet it still works you try putting a metal guitar riff over happy hardcore an see if it sounds good... Yet with dnb it works... The same with dubstep all it is is a break and a bassline at around 140bpm an the rest is completely down to the producer... Both genres are so diverse its unbelievable... I mean compare burial to distance an distance to rusko an rusko to Mala... Is like compairing commix to current value an current value to clipz an clipz to serial kilaz.. They why I think their so associated anyway.

I think Dubstep needs to mature as a genre more. You've got everyone with a midi keyboard up to it at the moment and there's a whole load of utter shit out there.

I browsed through a few online record stores to try and sniff out some new artists other than the "major players" and I ended up getting nowhere as everyone's jumped on the same bandwagon......

Once the scene's found it's place in the UK underground firmly and you get institutions firmly set around the genre - like your Helter Skelters/Accelerated Cultures etc etc - Along with some cutting edge record lables like your Virus / Ram / Moving Shadow / Suburban Bass - then it'll get somewhere.

I think everyone's still making up their minds and I don't think anyone's capitalising the sound in terms of superiority, leading the way (except maybe Dub Police?)

Just my thoughts

I think you dont know what your on about dubstep has found its place in the uk, an it may not be as mature as dnb but its well on its way... As for looking for people other than the main players that are producing good music, you obviously aint digging deep enough...

Edit: just saw the except dub police comment

You what???

you ever heard of DMZ? Tempa? Ringo? Planet MU?

Last edited:
My problem is that I love Drum n' Bass so much I see Dubstep as a bit of a threat I suppose, I remember seeing someones sig on here that said "if Goldie makes a Dubstep album I know it's all over" or words to that effect, then I listen to his podcast and he's saying he's made a dubstep tune..!!
That sort of shit just worries me..

this thread...

156vh45.jpg

Back
Top Bottom