Dubstep with Female Vocals and a Heavy Drop

First thing i notice is compression/limiting. Only because all i seem to be doing lately is mastering -_- All i hear on everything i listen to lately is the mastering.
The drop doesnt seem that heavy, it kinda flows with the rest of the track. And the bass doesnt have enough sub.

So id say back of the bus compression abit or use a nicer compressor, and get some more subbass in there. If the drop still isnt hitting hard enough try thinning out the mix a bit before the drop.
Liking all the elements to the track though sounding good.

Yeah, no offence, I wouldn't say thats a heavy drop! In my opinion I'm not to fussed about Drops anyways :lol: as long as you have got yourself a good tune, in this case, its a very good tune indeed! Love the vocals too :)

thanks for the honest critique guys. good to know what aspects to work on. and yeah, i know it's not really heavy as far as D&B and dubstep goes, but I just thought I'd make it clear that it has a change in it! just in case someone was listening to the first 20 seconds and turned it off ha, I know some people have short attention spans! but thanks! will see what i can change/add

The mixdown could use some work imo. Also im just inlove with the parts with the vocal/pad, they sound amazing, kinda wish the tune was more focused around them :D

Back
Top Bottom