[Dubstep/UK garage] Fatkids - French Cat

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Fatkidscantjump, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

So yeah, i've finished this one, my Logic was about to make my computer crash and I have a lot of study to do for univ so I finished it pretty quickly, I know I could've worked more the vocal / transitions etc but i'm still pretty happy about this one, considering the time it took me (~2 days, ~10-15hours maybe).

any feedback and criticism would be cool as always ! :)

peace!

2. lasiien

lasiien Meh

It has a real nice vibe, I like the vocal too and imo you work it into the track just fine (though if I'm honest its a bit too high pitched for my liking but thats just personal taste!). I think the breakdown in the middle is too long, I'd try and shorten it a bit if possible. Nice work for just a couple of days :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  3. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

thanks for the feedback mate ! vocals are pitched that high because if not they wont fit in key.. and i tryied to pitch them down but i didnt like the result.
    I kinda agree the breakdown is kinda too long and boring, i'll keep that in mind for the next one.
    if link doesnt work try to open it on a new window, some ppl had problems opening it.

thanks for feedback :)

4. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

5. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Hi Mate, sorry but I'm not feeling this track to break it down, the drums make me nervous and itchy and I do not find it pleasant to listen to it. The vocals are pitched way to high for my taste and the lead synth is a bit plain and just keeps on bleep bleep bleeping, just my piece of shit feedback maybe I'm just a fucker that doesn't know shit but this was what I had to say about it :) .

cheers.

6. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Heya, liking the feel to the track. The percussions are great, I really like them! As these people above have said, the vocals are a bit harsh but maybe some more "wetness" could do the trick, delay it up perhaps.

Also, some more FX and surprises here and there wouldn't hurt either.

But in the big picture I liked it :)

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

You always mix so well. Nice and chill song. The stabs could be a little more "je ne say pas". But they could use something.