Dubstep Tune...Black Canvas mix

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Nautilus, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Nautilus

Nautilus Member

Hello all....its summer and I commited myself to learning to produce. Heres my second song ever, its a dubstep tune, roughly remixed with some parts of canvas by imogen heap. 4-5 hours, unmastered, just learning really. Its unfinished by all means, and techniques...suggestions would be greatly appreciated for my own learning!!!

http://soundcloud.com/nautilussix/black-canvas-feat-imogen-heap

Thanks

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Intro is a little repetative and too long IMO. Also for dubstep it seems a little slow, dubstep usually plays at around 140 bpm.

Nice strings and pad sounds. Bass sounds nice and deep this end, although feels a little "generic" if you know what I mean. Vocals could be a tad quieter (or EQed a little better), they seem to drown out your bass and drums a bit.

Keep at it though, as you are only new to the whole thing, and you can only get better, you got good potential.

3. Catchem

Catchem mwerp much?

good concept. execution was a bit off though, intro needs shortened a tad imo, vocals clash a bit with the bassline also what samples are you using for the beat drums just seem to be lacking a little bit but all in all enjoyable to listen to keep on working like fletch said it only gets better and better great potential here.