[Dubstep] Patrick Lenzy - Reanimation (Headbite Remix)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by 2pm, Aug 17, 2011.

1. 2pm

2pm Member

My friend - rising star ;) asked me to remix his track called "Reanimation" so here is the preview of the song.
    Hot Dubstep:

with best regards to dnbforum community

2. P255

P255 Member

Some of the best dub I've heard in a while, personally. Should be longer that's the only thing, I like how it sounds like you're in a hospital too.

3. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Sounds nice mate! Doing some proper headbobbin' right here!

4. bansal321

bansal321 Member

this is really good! i would add in another kick and snare layer to really beef it up, but that might just be my preference

5. 2pm

2pm Member

Thank you guys for your time and kind feedback - yeah I will try to beef the drums up with a layer of "more in the mids" or meaby with some parrarell compression + a bit of eq bus channel - we will see. with best regards Marqs :)

6. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

Good work man;P same with the drums here tho, the snare needs to punch u not poke u a lil

7. 2pm

2pm Member

Thanks for the feedback Fishy - Well I dont think its a problem of drums alone - I have to experiment with some more frequency spliting in Logic cause Ive already analyzed some Skrillex tracks and the levels and frequency sweetspots for kick and snare are in the place - and solo'ed It sounds great so Im guessing I have to do some low frequency cleaning or layer another drum sample. With regards and here is some more:

8. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

theres really nothing hard about equing the kick and snare man;P they usually need pretty much the same frequencies. i never had to split them, works fine to just leave the freqs u want and cut the rest, and slightly compress. and use good samples to begin with

9. 2pm

2pm Member

finished the track - added some more variety after the drop, and mastered it a bit:

have a nice listen. ;)