Dubstep - Opinions

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
Never really heard any dubstep till best of british. Was wandering about and found myself in the dubstep bit. I like the basslines they're heavy and when your on something it's well trippy but the beat is just shit... it's just scarce and doesnt flow at all. What do you guys think?

I always liked dub, so disagree with the beats bit. You have to think outside the 180bpm box. However don't think its going to be as big as garage...not unless you can fit some girly vocals in there

dubstep is heavy imo...new genre representing...alot of artists have talent fusing genres together, please dont just listen to one type of dubstep, theres plenty of different styles to listen too..not all my cupa tea but gets my appreciation...

Ok….

Here is my two pence.

Any music that breaks boundaries..ie.. that pushes or creates a sound, a new style of music, and new way of looking at music is very very positive.

I know a lot of people cant get their heads around it due to the slow nature of the music. When you listen to it try to forget about drum n bass, or other fast music. The whole point is the bassline and atmosphere. Its not about speed or energy.

I saw Digital Mystikz recently (Mala) and was blown away. It was a really lively vibe, everyone was bouncing..shocj horror..there was real sub bass.

The reasons I am falling in love with dubstep is because it sounds so fresh. As I get older I feel I want more from music than just raw energy, I look to dubstep to provide me with music that has more sustanace than a lot of faster music. You can really get lost in it and there is such a variety of it around.

Before forming opinions, certainly those that dismiss the whole genre, I suggest giving it some time…. I know a lot of older dnb heads are loding it because they came into the drum n bass on the whole from a slightly different angel than a lot of younger people into it today. It was a lot about the music and the freshness of a new sound. This is what dubstep is doing now.

As much as I love dn dnb....Dubstep is what the UK’s music underground should be most excitied about right now!

Also check the Mary Ann Hobbs dubstep wars show from 06 (in the underground section of this forum)… give it sometime. All good music that sticks with you takes effort. Its not about quick thrills its about letting the music effect you…get into your head.

People who really dismiss it as boring, slow or unenergetic..either need to really listen to it, or get themselves to a decent dubstep rave!..its the darkest music we got

good, but not that good. im looking for something over than dnb now-a-days (which i think is stuck in a rut), and im turning more to deep house rather than this, which is strange. it lacks the energy for me, good to chill, but thats all.

good, but not that good. im looking for something over than dnb now-a-days (which i think is stuck in a rut), and im turning more to deep house rather than this, which is strange. it lacks the energy for me, good to chill, but thats all.

misconception mate.. the energy is in the bass.. go to adubstep rave u'll see! :)

Never really heard any dubstep till best of british. Was wandering about and found myself in the dubstep bit. I like the basslines they're heavy and when your on something it's well trippy but the beat is just shit... it's just scarce and doesnt flow at all. What do you guys think?
That's the idea mate! Dubstep is all about bass, not the drum track.

Ok….

Here is my two pence.

Any music that breaks boundaries..ie.. that pushes or creates a sound, a new style of music, and new way of looking at music is very very positive.

I know a lot of people cant get their heads around it due to the slow nature of the music. When you listen to it try to forget about drum n bass, or other fast music. The whole point is the bassline and atmosphere. Its not about speed or energy.

I saw Digital Mystikz recently (Mala) and was blown away. It was a really lively vibe, everyone was bouncing..shocj horror..there was real sub bass.

The reasons I am falling in love with dubstep is because it sounds so fresh. As I get older I feel I want more from music than just raw energy, I look to dubstep to provide me with music that has more sustanace than a lot of faster music. You can really get lost in it and there is such a variety of it around.

Before forming opinions, certainly those that dismiss the whole genre, I suggest giving it some time…. I know a lot of older dnb heads are loding it because they came into the drum n bass on the whole from a slightly different angel than a lot of younger people into it today. It was a lot about the music and the freshness of a new sound. This is what dubstep is doing now.

As much as I love dn dnb....Dubstep is what the UK’s music underground should be most excitied about right now!

Also check the Mary Ann Hobbs dubstep wars show from 06 (in the underground section of this forum)… give it sometime. All good music that sticks with you takes effort. Its not about quick thrills its about letting the music effect you…get into your head.

People who really dismiss it as boring, slow or unenergetic..either need to really listen to it, or get themselves to a decent dubstep rave!..its the darkest music we got

well put geeza..:beers:

i am beginning 2 like dubstep more than dnb my dubstep collection is nearly overtaking my dnb collection at the moment the best dubstep tunes is Skream_And_Cluekid-Sandsnake-DIS001-Vinyl-2007-UKP

dubsteps defo the new lady in my life, and dubstep raves are the most energetic parties i've ever seen. i hope people get to know, because people need to be captivated the way we are; makes me quite emotional just talking about it. my #1 love

dubsteps defo the new lady in my life, and dubstep raves are the most energetic parties i've ever seen. i hope people get to know, because people need to be captivated the way we are; makes me quite emotional just talking about it. my #1 love

yeah man...

for shizzle..

yeah i just want to eat it all up... haha...

Back
Top Bottom