Dubstep ..LOVER OR HATER

OneFootSkankah

VIP Junglist
Express your views ...In my opinion some of the tunes are utter shit and sound like a bunch of random sounds put together with a slow bassline in the background but filthy dubstep tunes with a nice beat i agree..

dnb heads what your opinion on dnb djs producers playin and producing dubstep like chase and status half way thru a set theyll switch to dubstep good or bad .....

philski

smoke weed everyday
VIP Junglist
dont like it. no hate i just dont like it. dnb is in a class of its own. then again i was in the upstairs room at inno listening to a bit of dubstep n had me skankin, maybe cos i was higher than apollo 11. not my scene tho, dnbizzle all the way. and dj's droppin dubstep into their mixes is quite annoying sometimes. dont like that at all.

Fes Rock

Nothing..........
VIP Junglist
meh, i could do without. I dont like the repetitive over used basslines. that being said i dont like jump up either. but gimme some deep shit like Martyn, UNTLD, etc.. Im in

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
i love to listen to dubstep when its on the radio... but i'd prolly not buy it, or go out my way to listen to it DNB FTW (y)

Sammy Dexcell

Stop editing my profile Smarty!
VIP Junglist
I like a few tunes an hate alot of tunes, much like dnb theres some producers that smack it an others that are bringin waste to the table.
Tbh the majority of dubstep is pretty much jump up basslines an jump up riffs which puts me off, but there are some ppl that can make some absolutely fiilthy tunes! Its the same in most genres......???:confused:

In essence i like ALL styles of music if its well thought out an well produced, i hate laziness in tunes an predictable shit......simple

dose.bs1

THE DADDY
VIP Junglist
I started off hating dubstep when i forst started hearing it, especially when walking into a dnb rave and hearing it..

I have started to listen to more of it and am reallt starting to like it...

But i still dont appreciate it at a dnb rave

motion audio

VIP Junglist
Still undecided, same as most people I like the odd tune here and there, in general it bores me though. Gets on my nerves being dropped with drum and bass though, really annoys me!

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
I like a few tunes an hate alot of tunes, much like dnb theres some producers that smack it an others that are bringin waste to the table.
Tbh the majority of dubstep is pretty much jump up basslines an jump up riffs which puts me off, but there are some ppl that can make some absolutely fiilthy tunes! Its the same in most genres......???:confused:

In essence i like ALL styles of music if its well thought out an well produced, i hate laziness in tunes an predictable shit......simple
Saying this is like saying the majority of drum & bass sounds like Pendulum... It isnt true the majority of commercial dubstep sounds like that but like with every genre you have to look to find the decent artists.

Anyway heres one of the biggest dubstep anthems around:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaqUpHJwwvw

Tell me you dont like that

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Anyway my answer to the orignal question is... Lover, on par with dnb for me at the moment but they both have their times when I prefer one to the other at the min I'm rinsing my dubstep havent mixed dnb in a few weeks. Give it a few years an dubstep will be as big if not bigger than dnb.

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
i fuckin love it, i buzz the more heavy goin dancefloor manic gear, i respect it as much as i respect my dnb and i fuckin love dnb...it is like marmite tho.