• Windows Media

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Real (current)

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Seems like it would be a good idea to switch the dubplate file type to Windows Media. Main advantage of this is that most Windows machines these days have Windows Media Player included. So users will not have to download RealPlayer/RealOne to enjoy our fine selection of dubplates :)

What ya reckon?

im def gonna go with the real player supporters kru , plz forget the wma coz it BLOWS - all the loading times and the dumb player! :thumbsd:

Originally posted by sampa
why not have an option for both, like other sites, or is that not possible? :pimp:

Like what other sites :confused: :uberlaugh Ive yet to see a major DNB site with both. Smaller sites might do, but they wont have the same amount of audio has ourselves, DNB Arena, and DOA have.

Both means.. More time encoding/uploading, more hard disk space used, and probably more bandwidth used.. Its a no go.

Judging by the reactions, it looks like we are sticking with Real. Good job i checked eh :)

Originally posted by Michal
mp3:gun:

I have not included MP3 as an option because it sounds complete arse at lower bitrates. If we use higher bitrates I'll probably get done for breaching some kind of copyright and it uses more space on the server.

Real sounds best IMO, I simply mentioned Windows Media because it comes pre-installed on most new machines these days.

Back
Top Bottom