Dub Phizix - Do One (feat. DRS) - SenkaSonic (11th March)

SteveR94

PUNK ASS JUNGLE BUNNY
VIP Junglist
What a mad mad mad tune.

http://vk.com/wall-10162167_18570
Comes in at 19:00 in Dub Phizix and Strategy's recent radio show (it still shocks me that the BBC actually let these guys have a slot on the radio, quality! :teeth: )

Hoping this track is backed with Doberman.

Guy is a talented producers, tune isn't bad but nothing exciting either. Phizix just repeating his sound... shame. I hope Doberman is better.

Fixate - Inside Dub <- need that one tho, lovely booty!

why? Both are at least 3 years old, Do One I heard at Outlook 2014, Doberman has been floating around has "Dead for Sure".

wicked cuts.

Couldn't care less if they're new or old. The guy could push some boundaries. fair enough if you like the same things but for me he's starting to do a Calyx & Teebee and I think that is a massive shame.

Couldn't care less if they're new or old. The guy could push some boundaries. fair enough if you like the same things but for me he's starting to do a Calyx & Teebee and I think that is a massive shame.

To be totally fair, he did do a few slightly different bits recently such as Break The Chains with DRS, and Rainy City Music from a couple of years back. I do agree with the statement that he's kinda starting to do a Calyx & Teebee though, although it's not as bad as them!

To be totally fair, he did do a few slightly different bits recently such as Break The Chains with DRS, and Rainy City Music from a couple of years back. I do agree with the statement that he's kinda starting to do a Calyx & Teebee though, although it's not as bad as them!

Rainy City is mega old, probably 5 or 6 years old. Just took a while to actually come out but that's exactly what I mean! So talented and could certainly switch it up but that single here sounds like a repetition of the last fews. :-/

Dub Phizix tunes seem to take a long time to come out, usually. Knew not about either tunes, but it's been a pattern of his and I go by your words above.

BTW both of these are rather good. Not the most unique thing he ever did but definitely not same-y to the extent you can call it doing a Calyx & TeeBee lol.

Yeah I agree Dub Phizix has his 'sound' that comes out in many of his tunes but I disagree that it's getting stale like Calyx & Teebee. He tends to mix it up enough to make it fresh and he releases enough tunes that are different anyway. Buffalo Charge was very Dub Phizix but Bounce on the flip showed more versatility in my opinion.

Well I admit the Cal & Tee reference was a bit too much ;)

Buffalo Charge was very Dub Phizix but Bounce on the flip showed more versatility in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. I'd definitely sign that! more versatility is the the key and that's what he delivered with Bounce. Buffalo Charge? Nah thanks. Think Rags. Think Yukon. Think Codec. He can switch it up. He's a versatile producer but that's just me being disappointed.
Actually the Doberman vocals have kind of a Ohrwurm factor. Had it in my mind for a couple days ago from that Ivy Lab Guest Mix on Noisia Radio.

I think he should release "Jus' A Nuuver Divvy" that bassline is silly. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom