DUB > Danny C

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Following hot on the heels of "Latin Thing" and "The Mexican", Danny C hits us with yet another latin influenced DNB cut.

"Latin Thing" was my favourite one in this style from Mr C so far, purely for the drums! But take a listen to this one and post your thoughts.

The vocal sample in the intro sounds familiar!

Originally posted by sdm

"Latin Thing" was my favourite one in this style from Mr C so far

Man, I'd give anything to see a Shamen live PA. :slayer: Joking asside (no I really would like to see the shamen play live) I never even heard the "Latin Thing" tune. I heard it was like the LK song. A friend of mine whos in the process of moving said he got the record for free in a record shipment and hated it. He was going to send that copy to me but that was the last I heard of that sadly.

Now he would seem to be pushing it, perhaps "over-saturating" this sound. I love the live instrumentaion that his style brings, but this kinda sounds like live elevator music. I like "The Mexican" and "The Latin Thing", but this feels for like a C side on his next album.

sounds okay, vocals layered at some points in the tune don't sound right to me.

yeah freeagent your right about saturation of this sound :rolleyes:

I wish I wasn't. A good Latin Rinse Out is right propa, but I don't want to hear the sound done in by too many copy cats (not that Danny C is a copy-cat, he's been right on this sound for a bit!).

well, that "not like, not like" vocals are from j-majik's - 24 hours feat. Loleatta Holloway... I heard some brazilian vocals too, but I can't recognize...

[]s

can't fucking stand this..... what the hell happened to the old Danny C..... he used to be so fuckin dark... specially when he hooked up with Mike Pears. Now he's turned into some fucking mandolin strumming ballader.

Back
Top Bottom