drumstepforum.com is now up and running

Discussion in 'Advertisements' started by djekim, Jul 29, 2010.

1. djekim

djekim New Member

well we just got the site up the other day and already we are having some great tunes and mixes put in there as well.

im hoping that this forum will help this "new" genre grow and help everyone find their place in the scene.

respect

2. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

no no no no

3. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Its brostepforum.com all over again

4. djekim

djekim New Member

no its not whatever bullshit that you put up. this is for a genre that is going to make a mark....

its alright if you dont want to be on it now but dont say too many bad things about drumstep now or you are going to look like one of those douches that talked so much shit about dubstep back in the day and now its their shit :)

to me its all about the jungle sound

5. MARKLAR

i loved dubstep before all the triplet wobbles an i do like some drumstep tunes or watever there called but there not there own genre an they shudnt be just my opinion sorry if it doesnt please you

6. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

7. MARKLAR

word!
    hahaha

8. djekim

djekim New Member

well you are too late man its all over the place. there are labels and crews popping up every day. o_O

9. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

it's hardly a new genre, its nothing more then halfstep dnb, or (if it makes you feel any better) speed up dubstep. In either case there are only so many ways to arrange wobbles. "Drumstep" is going to get just as boring because everyone and their grandma just want to be part of the race to make the most soulless, filthy, aggressive track imaginable. What ever happened to putting feeling and meaning into a song? Most the stuff now just makes you want rage and beat your neighbors with shovels... :(:(

(y)

10. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

drumstep is just dubstep with faster drums...
    its also jumpup
    good shit tho

11. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

well, jungleforum.com is still available

12. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

a forum specifically for drumstep is a bit stupid tbh. it should just be a jumpup forum. especially as most of the main forums all hate jumpup lol

13. djekim

djekim New Member

well there is a jungle section and a dubstep section so dont think that ive forgot where the genre has come from.

and as far as the half time jungle thing if you think about the arrangement of it you are wrong. half time dnb still hits on the 2 and 4s while drumstep snare is hitting on the 3s. as far as i can recall i dont remember any tracks that are halftime dnb that hit on a 3...... if im wrong please link me the song that was made prior to 2009 and ill stand corrected.

14. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Most users ever online was 8 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 pm

15. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

you do understand how halftime works right?

take one your "drumstep" tracks that is, oh, 170 bpm, but then you decide that it's actual bpm is half that (85) then the hits will be on the 2's and the 4's...

try it, open your DAW, set bpm 170, kick on the 1 and snare on the 3rd for 2 bars, bounce to disk. then open DAW again, set bpm to 85, kicks on the 1 and 3rd and snare on the 2nd and 4th for one bar, bounce to disk. Then import them both it an audio editor or back into your daw, play them together. The hits are going to land together every time unless you did it wrong.

If a dnb track was in half time it wouldn't leave snares on the 2's or 4's because it would still be in normal time, unless you are actually producing the whole track at half the tempo of a dnb track in which you'd have to play everything else double time to get the desired effect.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

(y)

16. djekim

djekim New Member

wow really??

also started 2 days ago.........

im sure that this forum didnt hit the web with 1000 members.

17. djekim

djekim New Member

did grooverider spin brostep?

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

and listen to what that chick says at 3:30

cause its not going anywhere....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  18. Desist

Desist Dubsteppa!

all grooverider did was invent the term ''drumstep'' its not a new genre at all and he certainly hasnt discovered it, half time tunes have been around for years. its just jump up mate! and while peeps will probably continue makin ''drumstep'' i doubt its going to start a whole new rave scene like dubstep or any genre for that matter. i couldnt imagine anythin worse than goin to a rave where all thats all they play all night to be honest

19. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

Looked round the forum for a while, first topic I saw was this, thought I'd highlight the bits that confused me

Is Drumstep Dead?

A couple of posts later, same guy:

Then apparently he was joking all along.

Oh, and I'm not slagging off your forum, just thought this was odd, as it's the most discussed topic on there by a long stretch

20. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

the more u push this sort of thing as its own genre, the more u will isolate it from its roots (an actual genre) increasing its chance of dying out into the long list of forgotten music.
    the only thing that makes this derpstep thing any different is specifically placed drums, leaving no freedom for imagination and creativity, making it less versatile than a floor tile.
    mathematically this suggests that it wont be long until every possible combination of a drumstep tune has been made and the whole sound becomes bleak and uninteresting.

feel free to bump this thread in a years time and tell me how right i was.
    as for now i'm busy starting up www.clownstepforum.com