Drumstep sample pack

ya not my thing realy,
i like the bhk stuff, they got some techy dnb packs.
thought i would give it a heads up, some folks like the sound

surely a dnb pack or a dubstep pack is all u need for this drumstep shite

I don't think anyone should ever sample bass.
I mean are people that lazy that they cant be bothered to make it?
Its probably my favourite process, I love adding modulation over a period of time aswell...
You can't really do that with samples

Its probably my favourite process, I love adding modulation over a period of time aswell...

i wish i was better at making cool bass
it seems like i never know what im doing and tweak a bunch of random shit and it doesn't sound like what i want
ill have a sound in my head that i want but can't figure out how to make it in the DAW
for this reason i tend to sample bass sometimes and then modify the sample, i don't like doing it this way but i can't seem to achieve results that i want usually

i wish i was better at making cool bass
it seems like i never know what im doing and tweak a bunch of random shit and it doesn't sound like what i want
ill have a sound in my head that i want but can't figure out how to make it in the DAW
for this reason i tend to sample bass sometimes and then modify the sample, i don't like doing it this way but i can't seem to achieve results that i want usually

I think its probably best if you just try and learn synths inside out mate, look at a few tutorials on synthesis ect.
Don't try and rush putting a track out to the masses, just wait a year or 2.
I know that sounds long but once you have learned how to make sounds yourself your music will benefit from it.
Don't concentrate fully on making tracks for now, just try and learn how to create sounds.

Sometimes I will sit there for a few hours just working on drums and it pays off.
If you get in the right mindset for a specific task you will normally acheive better results rather than doing multiple things at once.

I suppose its down to personal preference though

I still cant believe Drumstep is now a genre.
Its abit of a gay name aswell.

and i can't believe you need special sample packs for it! ffs its just k - - - s - - - instead of k - s - k - s- ! :ban:

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

that aint true mate... sampling is an integral part of dnb... and you can modulate samples (see thread kama made about 10 yr old equipment yeah!)

but i agree in that just dropping some bass sample over a beat aint really production!

hang on a minute!! a drumstep sample pack???? i mean i have bhk dnb sample packs and make drumstep with them.. does that mean im breaking the rules??? surely its all the same sodding samples anyways!!!!

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

but i agree in that just dropping some bass sample over a beat aint really production!

if it was then we may aswell all go back to dance ejay cos its basically the same thing

that aint true mate... sampling is an integral part of dnb... and you can modulate samples (see thread kama made about 10 yr old equipment yeah!)

I know sampling has shaped what Drum & Bass is today and without the possiblity of manipulating a sample this genre would not be here today as many other genres.

That was abit stupid on my part, you can modulate samples of course.
What I meant was is that you can't exactly apply the waveform to an envelope or whatever.
I would love to have some old sampling hardware at my disposal but its just not practical with my budget at the moment.
My ideal set up would be prodominantly hardware but I have neither the funds or the room for it.

Drumstep is a stupid genre if you're making a whole track out of it. It's like dubstep but a bit faster, with a lot more hats. It's fun though though have like a small intermezzo of drumstep.

Back
Top Bottom