Drums

LineOne

The Cubase Man
What do you guys use to make ur drums. I like to use reason for my drums and cubase for instruments and sequencing.

i was looking for a vsti plugin that is like the reason redrum. where u can load wav files and then select your seps.

tis ok with reason but id like to be able to cut out the rewire and save my goddamn cpu from exploding thru the side of the case lol.

safe guys + girls ( i know thiers some lovely ladies on here now lol) i thought it was just guys:rolleyes:

yea i ave man but im not a drummer lol. got the drumpads but i suck at em lol

im looking for summin like redrum. with the pattern sequencer

In battery you can trigger the pads with midi piano roll too, you know. As is the case with all vst instruments. You dont need a pattern sequencer for that. I cant tell how exactly since i dont know (i'm a fruity head myself) but there are many cubase users out here.

In battery you can trigger the pads with midi piano roll too, you know. As is the case with all vst instruments. You dont need a pattern sequencer for that. I cant tell how exactly since i dont know (i'm a fruity head myself) but there are many cubase users out here.

:word:

A pattern sequencer just complicates things surely?

i have no experience with redrum....

but maybe you should check out fxpansion's guru

Guru_flyer2.jpg

ya know if u just import individual audio hits into cubase on seperate tracks and program the drums into the main arrangement page uve got so much more freedom with effecting and generally just fucking around with ur drums than using a sampler, since i started doin it that way i havent used a sampler since. :clown:

ya know if u just import individual audio hits into cubase on seperate tracks and program the drums into the main arrangement page uve got so much more freedom with effecting and generally just fucking around with ur drums than using a sampler, since i started doin it that way i havent used a sampler since. :clown:

yeah man thas jus fucking long tho. setting up each individual hit on a diff track. ill end up with like 25 drum tracks man lol. not very cpu friendly.

and yeah i know i can arrange the hits in a midi file for battery, but this is the whole point of me wanting a sequence. u ever tried to create drums in cubase midi? it ent that easy m8

will check out that guru. luks gud man

I use a vst called Grizzly to make my drum loops, since it specializes in just that. Also it has support for disortion, pitch, delay and sub which are essential in making production style loops.

Oh yeah, and i like to add a compressor, equalizer & maybe a bit of chorus for that extra topping (on my editor).

Renoise is quite good. Don't really use a drum programmer though I just put a fairly simple 1,5,9,11 in with some hats, some variation in hits then layer breaks with it. Sometimes i chop the break up or only use the hats or something.

dude i just did the most awesomest thing this weekend, ive got a blown jamo speaker which i run the breaks and bass red hot through with the bass maxxed out on the desk which makes the sound rrrrrrattle with excitement and then i miced that up for some berzerk sounding bits to mix in with the original.

what you sequence the thing in makes no damn difference, its all down to the processing and the context.

If your using Cubase, use Native Instruments Battery 3, you can load drum sounds into each channel just as you would in redrum, then sequence them as you would do a normal VST instrument/synth using either the midi keyboard or drawing the notes manually.

i suppose Redrum is ok if ur in Reason but NN-XT and NN-19 will give u so much more control over each sound ;)

Back
Top Bottom