drums peaking way to high.... how the hell do i limit this mess?

turn the channel fader/gain down?

yeah sorry I should have mentioned more detail, I've tried turning it down and I can get it to 0 but that only makes my drums too quiet, and even with all my other out channel faders lowered I find myself having trouble bringing the overall volumes high enough to sound audible without crushing the drums.

I dont know how to use limiters well, so maybe Im just missing something.

yeah sorry I should have mentioned more detail, I've tried turning it down and I can get it to 0 but that only makes my drums too quiet, and even with all my other out channel faders lowered I find myself having trouble bringing the overall volumes high enough to sound audible without crushing the drums.

I dont know how to use limiters well, so maybe Im just missing something.

It's fine, turn all the faders down at once & bring the master fader up, if you're concerned about clipping.
I don't know what software you're using, but Logic has an internal lossless summing engine. In short, it doesn't matter if your drums are clipping, it will be inaudible distortion if your master fader isn't peaking above 0dB.

Bring the channel fader down to like -6db (it'll be super quiet) then do some parrallel compression to bring them back up.

drums are way too over compressed as it is. there would be notable clipping going on here.. i think ill go with nydus' idea about the master channel. thanks for the aid fellas.

id love a track review once i repost this. big ups!

drums are way too over compressed as it is. there would be notable clipping going on here.. i think ill go with nydus' idea about the master channel. thanks for the aid fellas.

id love a track review once i repost this. big ups!

If you parrallel compress you will still get the dry signal along with some of the wet. And the noticability of compression would be a lot less. You wouldnt lose any dynamics because you will still have 100% dry signal, along with around 40 - 50% of the wet compressed signal.

Back
Top Bottom