Drum 'Scales'

In some songs I've heard quick rolls of toms or snares that are pitched so they sound like they're ascending or descending and I have no idea how to do this, other than arduously searching through drum samples for those with the perfect pitch I need. Any ideas on how this is usually done?

Unfortunately, only Cubase SX3. I suppose you are going to say Reason or FL Studio would be better but I can't afford the former and I haven't learned to use the latter.

I've played around with EQ and I can sort of do it now, but the hits don't sound as clearly pitched as in music which I've heard because I can only isolate certain frequency ranges which aren't narroq enough. Would compression help? Or maybe could someone recommend a good EQ plug-in for the job?

MARLZTAH

++DuB PrOFesSoR++
VIP Junglist
SX3 is a great program!! if you were using FL i could give you step by step instructions but no worries im sure you'll get there in the end mate

I've sort of worked it out using Battery 3 (only a demo version so I have to work quickly). There's a tune function as well as a pitch envelope but both do the same job. I think my snares sound a bit too natural though so does anyone think compressed snares would sound good in a pitched ascending/descending roll?