Drum Samples packs...

jack2290

New to the production game, wandering if there's any good sample packs people could recommend? Quite enjoying making house at the moment some suited to that would be great. Hear a lot about vengence sample packs in forums. Wandering if they are what they are cracked up to be?

New to the production game, wandering if there's any good sample packs people could recommend? Quite enjoying making house at the moment some suited to that would be great. Hear a lot about vengence sample packs in forums. Wandering if they are what they are cracked up to be?

A friend of mine has the vengeance sample packs and they are pretty good. The only thing is that they are very popular so it means that a lot of people are going to have drums that sound similar to yours.
If you use Kontakt I hear that the abbey road suite is really good.

Vengeance packs are good, but there's quite a few overprocessed sounds in some of the "Club Series" packs which have little to no headroom leftover. Don't get me wrong–you can definitely find some nice hits and samples in the packs, however, I would check out some of the Loopmaster Artist Series packs. The Blokhe4d pack, for example, is absolutely priceless (as is the Loxy/Resound pack IMO).

And whatever you do, do not purchase any of the "Supalife" DnB themed packs from ProducerLoops[dot]com. I made that mistake once, never again.

Also, download the demos of the packs to take them for a test drive.

Cheers.

+1 on the BlokHe4d pack! I mess with Kick drums for hours and hours on a track, then I just say fuck it, and go to the Blokhe4d pack, and then it works :)

I havent any idea of the quality, but I would hope they are ok, but sonic academy have just released a bunch of different packs, entitled Ultimate Drums. There are videos on their website with run throughs of the packs. They synthesized the packs to imitate drums from popular sounds. I will probably have a look at it after payday rolls round.

depends what you're going for really, the only pack i've used so far is the lynx one, covers quite a lot of ground in terms of being quirky and generic (in a good way) at the same time

the vengeance packs are good but need some processing. i used to use them then i realised i was spending days tweaking kick decays snare decays etc to match short fast tempos. i then started using drum kits from the total science and the icicle sample packs and now i spend very lil time tuning and shaping drums. all the drums sound like they belong to one kit. it might be personal but i find with vengeance u are trying to make hits from diff drum kits to sound like one which is a long process.
each to their own i guess

Freemasons and Tom middleton are both amazing

K tee and friction/icicle is super legit

slate drums are just the best too

Drum'n'Bass Rough Connections Vol 4 has this snare at the no1 snare and it just hits so good. its hard to find a popping snare like that. but it hits the spot.

Vengeance have their fare share of good samples, but most of their samples and loops are stolen and ripped from songs. IMO, using vengeance generally ends up being a demonstration of laziness, however, many house and trance producers use these. I highly suggest going wave alchemy! http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk/ They have around 20 free sample packs (these alone are fantastic), as well as reasonably priced (much cheaper than vengeance) packs. If you are into house, I advised buying a pack like "tech house and minimal" or "deep house and tribal". Great kicks, hats, and some loops too for the style you are looking to do. Hope I helped!

If your looking for decent drum samples "goldbaby" do some awesome packs their "urban cookbook" pack is filled with solid samples

Loads of help here guys nice one! Gonna make a few purchases from loopmasters later, don't suppose anyone knows of any current coupon codes??

Back
Top Bottom