Drum&Roast...

monq

A couple of days ago, I did not have a clue about the d&b scene. After joining these very forums, and receiving lots of info from users who instead of spamming me with a "omg n00bz?" type of greetink, I have downloaded quite a lot of mp3 created by the likes of Dexcell et all (from one of the sticky threads at the top).

Besides music amateur production, one of my great hobbies is (I know this will sound granny'ish!) cooking roasts. I am right now in the middle of a great Beef roast - including Yorkshire puddings! :D

You see, I moved from Spain to North Devon four years ago, and I guess one of my goals is to produce the best roasts in the region. No easy feat! :D

THe great thing about today´s roast is that is being generated under the auspicious breakbeats of this community... all my family is outside, so this gives me a space to generate roast potatoes breakbeat way...

I know this is a pointless thread, but I want to finish with a big thank you to all you guys who have pointed me towards the right links and info! If this is not the best roast ever, I guess I will move to Pop! -erm maybe not? :D :D

Saludos! :D

David

For perfect roast potatoes, drizzle a little oil over each one and a small sprinkle of salt on top to give them a crunchy exterior. ;)

update: best yorkshire puddings I've ever made, by far. I guess that beating the egg+flour+milk+water mixture at 170bpm during 5 minutes made the trick! :D :D

For perfect roast potatoes, drizzle a little oil over each one and a small sprinkle of salt on top to give them a crunchy exterior. ;)

Yep. Best use salt out of a grinder too (rather than normal grain salt out of a packet), uneven lumps gives great uneven crunchiness!

lol wicked thread, and yes im so hungry now!
Glad you're opening your horizons in music a lil more, and to be playing our stuff while making a roast ...well that truly is an honor! Congrats sir! An welcome to the community! :2thumbs:

ummm I have started recording some samples in the kitchen and I will try to create an Amen break including boiling parsnips, chopping carrots etc! :D :D Mark my words! :D

Must say that all the stuff you guys have created is really, really good. I am definitely gonna stay around to listen good music, and eventually create something!

p$ goose fat is the best... but if you want stg lighter, half of rapeseed oil + half olive oil + rosemary make really mean roast potatoes...

p$2 Marmite?! :D :D I'll take your word for it mate! :D

ummm I have started recording some samples in the kitchen and I will try to create an Amen break including boiling parsnips, chopping carrots etc! :D :D Mark my words! :D

All about knife slashes, like Photek used to do!

Back
Top Bottom