Drum pattern of this tune

DigitalDevil

Hi

I'm experimenting with some drum patterns and I want to reproduce one, but I can't figure it out, so could you help me?

The tune is "Lauren Pritchard - Painkillers (Roni Size Remix)" (you can find the video below).
The first pattern comes on 0:53 and the second one on 1:00. Perhaps it's to quick for me or I just don't know how to categorize the instruments.

The drum pattern should look like that if possible:
Hi Hat . x . x x . . x
Snare . . o . . . o .
Bassdrum o . . . . o . .

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got it right on this one, only I would put the hihats every 16th or 8th note.

Hi

I think you misunderstood me. That was just an example, but it could be that it really is it (it's fromWikipedia and it could be a known one like a*** pattern (I've forgotten the name and I'm writing from my handy...)).

Are you trying to recreate a drum roll?

If so maybe get a drum roll sample and put it in your daw, chop it up and copy the pattern?

or you could try experimenting with your drum editor maybe try putting

Kick x...x...x...x...
Hats xxxxxxxxxxx

whack in some toms for a bit of variation and try putting the snares in somewhere, as you get nearer to the drop add more kicks. Dunno what it will sound like but atleast it gives you an idea

Sidechain those "running" hats to the snare also to give a bit of a "humanized" feel. After all, a drummer requires a brief pause when transferring a drum stick from the hat to the snare during a "hat roll." That is of course, unless he has three arms...

Back
Top Bottom